2,563 results
All reviewsupper west sidemuseum of natural historycentral parkamsterdam avenuenew yorklincoln centerqueen suiteattached restaurantgreat neighborhoodsubway linetwo blockstimes squarewonderful hotelcoffee makerbusiness centerhudson riverstreet noise
Reviewed 13 December 2016

We liked the location with a neighborhood feel away from Times Square. We were just a couple of blocks from the Subway entrance and Central Park.

The room was small but very adequate as we didn't spend much time there. The staff was good and gave us an extra 30 minutes for check-out which was greatly appreciated. A glass of wine in the late afternoon was a nice touch. A coffee machine in the room was also great. A 15% off coupon for the attached restaurant was available.

It's expensive--especially in December. It looks like a more affordable option in less busy times.

We'd recommend Orwashers Bakery nearby for great pastries, coffee, and sandwiches!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

We usually stay at a competitor hotel of similar size etc nearby on broadway. But I stayed here a few years ago on business and it seemed fine and the deal on booking this time was good. I doubt we will stay again. The biggest issue is the wall pipe noise in our room (915). (Not the under the window heater which we didn't use at all). Clinking and clanking all night. And the corridor and neighboring room noise is also considerable. The front desk was very unsympathetic. Yes I realize it's an old NYC hotel, but at least a little sympathy and understanding would go along way towards a sleep deprived guest.
On the plus side it's in a great location. Great coffee shops (Irving farm across the street) and restaurants nearby. But unfort the experience was overall poor. The front desk need some training on sympathy and explanations about pipe noise for out of towners.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2016

Hello - Chose the Lucerne as it was near the Beacon Theatre where I was attending a show on my birthday. Arrived arrived at 4:30pm and was greeted with a glass of wine. Found the hotel to be very charming with a European vibe. Small room and bathroom but perfect for my needs. Aveda products in the bathroom are a nice upscale touch. Had a wonderful evening at the Beacon and felt safe walking alone between theatre and hotel. The next morning as I jumped in the shower and tried to adjust the water temperature, the left knob came off and near scalding water began to shoot out of the wall hitting the back of the shower and spilling onto the bathroom floor. I tried several times to re-attach the knob as water shot out with no success. By this time, the mirrors were full of steam and the floor had an inch of water pooling. I ran out of the room naked and frantic and called the front desk. I threw on a robe and within 60 seconds a bell boy came running in - looked and ran out. Next a maintenance man ran in and tried to re-attach the knob and failed. He then lay on the floor and turned the water off beneath the sink. Then two more maintenance guys come in and out of my room with towels to sop up water and a very large machine to suck up the water. I called down to the front desk to speak to a manager and was told he would call me back. It's now been 20 minutes as I sit on my unmade bed in a robe with three guys parading in and out of my room. The water has been cleaned up and there are a pile of towels in my tub. The emergency is over & they are now going to begin to repair the knob. At this point, I'm pissed and ask if they can come back later to repair the knob. They depart and I call down to management again to ask what they are going to do. I'm greeted with extreme rudeness by some man who begins to mock me and ask me if he needs to call an ambulance because I've been scalded. He is very confrontational with me and asks me what I want. I say to him at the very least, I would have expected someone other than maintenance to contact me and maybe, just maybe move me to another room to shower and provide me with a little privacy while these three guys parade through my room. He then offers me to go to another floor and shower. I'm fed up by now and ask for some clean towels and wash clothes so I can take a sponge bath. What I thought was a charming boutique style hotel turned out to be no better than service from a motel off the side of the highway. Hope you enjoyed my review.

Room Tip: Ask for a working bathroom
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank CM K
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

So I've stayed at this hotel several times over the past year and a half as my daughter moved to the neighborhood. Location is great, the lobby has been updated since my last visit but room 516 needs to be avoided. It SMELLS like dog urine. The rooms could use an update/refresher since they are looking and smelling dingy. Front door staff is always helpful and the maid service seems fine. My husband used to stay here but now has moved to the NYLO or Hotel Belleclaire. I will probably stay at one of those the next time even though this location is prime for me. Really hope they update these rooms because I would definitely prefer staying here.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

The rooms are dated but very clean. We stayed in summer, so we probably paid more than average, and didn't think it was worth the price. The air conditioning didn't work at all on one of the nights we were there, so we barely slept since it was so hot. The hotel was fully booked so there wasn't much to be done about it. The staff were very variable in their knowledge of hotel policies, and at one stage called us in our room because they had lost our booking. They took a deposit for each night in advance, but do this as separate transactions. As a result, we were hit with numerous bank charges for foreign transactions. The reception are wasn't interested when I raised this concern. There are plenty of other options in this area - wouldn't stay again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple