“FOOD POISONING ON FEB 16, 2018 - I filed complaint C1-1-1527322411”
Review of Surya

Surya
Ranked #4,436 of 15,866 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Description: At Surya, we have created a menu utilizing the traditional and non-traditional ingredients to recreate dishes in hopes to allow our beloved community to socialize, dine, and drink.
Reviewed 19 February 2018

FOOD POISONING ON FEB 16, 2018 -
I filed complaint C1-1-1527322411 after 3 days of severe food poisoning and their food was the only thing I ate that day.

Please register with NY Department of Health if you suffered as well for the restaurant to be inspected. Call 311 in New York

1  Thank 496avim

Reviewed 29 December 2017

Take out, eating in is a bit depressing. Food isn't outstanding, but if you're in the need for Indian, this will do.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

Went there for a team lunch today. Nice big space, tables not crowded together, and they have a bar (which we didn't use). We mostly ordered from the lunch menu, I ordered the Lamb Rogan Josh and vegetable soup. Pleasantly surprised at how delicious it was. The naan was light and flaky, just perfect. The vegetable soup was similar to daal, but lighter and more flavorful. The lamp was cooked and spiced nicely, and I added even more hot sauce which was delicious. I will be back.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

In the madness of the NYU/Greenwich Village scene, Surya is like an oasis serving authentic Indian food in a relaxed and tasteful setting. Flavors were crisp and distinctive, service was well paced, and prices reasonable. The Chicken Manglorian was a standout although I found the Vindaloo to be bit tepid with "kick". The cocktails were a bit... limiting.

Absolutely a place that I would return to

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Totally unexpected. Were going somewhere else but ended up here which was great . Yummy food, friendly staff .