“Pre concert food and drink”
Review of The Pennsy

The Pennsy
Ranked #163 of 446 Quick Bites in New York City
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited on a Friday night before a concert at MSG.
Was busy, but good atmosphere and felt bustling inside and out.
We had burritos from the Mexican stand, with beer and Mexican Coke. Had to wait 5-10 min for good, which was fine.
We sat on the large stepped area outside, which was nice in a warmer evening.
Would certainly recommend for pre-MSG refreshments!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The area around Penn Station could certainly use more food choices so the addition of The Pennsy with its several options for food is a welcome one. But The Pennsy is a strange place and I'm not sure I can see myself going back. My travel companion and I got food from two different vendors on our way to a train. It was a good thing we weren't planning to sit and eat - all tables were taken up by a lively bar crowd, few of whom seemed to be eating. Had we planned to sit we would have been quite frustrated. The poke bowl I got from The Little Beet was good, made quickly with fresh ingredients. The panini my friend purchased at Ribalta was only okay - a bland take on an ordinary sandwich. Prices were about what one would expect. Though it was rush hour and dinner time, lines for food were not long. We didn't wait in lines for drinks but those didn't look lengthy either. It seemed many commuters had grabbed a drink and a table and were relaxing before the train. I might swing by for to-go food again but I would not plan to sit down.

Reviewed 8 November 2018

As a life long New York citizen I was happy to see that a cool and convenient place to eat and hang out was built at Madison Square Garden. Having noticed The Pennsy Food Hall on recent trips to see shows at MSG, last night my son and I made plans to try it out before The Bill Burr show at the garden. There are 6 restaurants and a bar located in the food hall with seating available inside and out. We both had the Pork Ramen from Sabi Sushi. It was very good and will definitely return to try out the other dining options. There were people of all ages at the hall and the atmosphere was fun. People seemed very happy hanging out there and the warm November night added to the evening.

Reviewed 7 November 2018

We got free drink passes from our hotel at Pennsy and they have a great selection of craft beers.
But on the other side is a collection of small food shops each with a different style and flavor and each VERY good. The passes got us in there, but the food and great beer made us return twice. Good value and right at Madison Sq. G. Much better than what I first thought it would be. Enjoyable and tasty.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 26 October 2018

We ordered 2 Pizzas to take away.
Both tasted fantastic, bases we also excellent.
Both Pizzas arrived in good time and great service, would highly recommend.
Good value for money.