1,907 results
All reviews times square new york circle line fridge and microwave parking garage port authority opened the window few blocks would stay here again front desk staff budget hotel hotel room location is great hudson river the theater district hell's kitchen subway station
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I was really lucky to book this hotel. My Airbnb suddenly cancelled on me three weeks before my trip and I was struggling to find something within my price range. The pictures for the rooms are outdated. The comforters are actually white; hotel style but they slip from the bed so you'll be waking up shivering.

The bathroom is small and the shower didn't drain properly. They also didn't clean the room the first day. Someone was in the room but we still wanted the room cleaned and she didn't want to.

The main reason I gave this place one star was because the cleaning lady went through my stuff. Before I left, I put my slippers ON TOP of my suitcase. After I came back from the day of site seeing, my slippers were INSIDE my suitcase. That means they had to zip open my suitcase and put my slippers in; that is absolutely not okay and this has never happened to me again. Furthermore, my friend, who is quite messy, had her stuff on the ground and they also put all of her stuff INSIDE her suitcase. I understand moving her stuff so they can clean but never having to zip open a closed suitcase. I went downstairs to tell the front desk gentleman but all he said was it was your friend's doing and when I said it wasn't my friends, he said oh its okay. There was no apology or saying that he would talk to the staff member. I had to repeat several times that it wasn't okay and it made us incredibly uncomfortable that some stranger went through our stuff. This guy didn't care or listen to anything that I said.

It was a great location but I would never come back after this experience.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2018

We stayed on a family trip to see Broadway shows, and we were very pleased with Travel Inn. Great location--just a few blocks from Port Authority and convenient as well to the theaters. The area is safe, lots of good eating options nearby (e.g. Westway Diner), and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The size of the rooms is quite nice by NY standards, and check-in was speedy.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2018

Great Location. Easy to access when coming in by car. Always the first place we look at when we go to New York. The fact that there is on site parking makes it great even though there is a cost to park your vehicle. Easy access to Times Square, the Theatres, Restaurants and the Subway. Easy walk to many other attractions. I had a special request and it was handled as required. The room was clean and the air conditioning worked well and kept up with the outside heat running in the 90's. If you require internet, there is a cost as well. Also there is no coffee maker in the room. Would definitely come back to this location any time.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Room was very clean. Beds comfortable. Pool was great.
The hotel is about a 10min walk to Times Square. Great location if you want a bit more of a quieter location. The High Line is 10mins from the hotel too. Subway a 5 min walk.
Despite the fact it is an older looking hotel, the place was very clean and we all enjoyed our stay.
The hotel has indoor parking and is very secure.
Price is cheap , don’t let that dissuade you from staying here.lots of great restaurants around the hotel. 99 cent pizza across the street was amazing and always fresh!
I would recommend this to any of my friends and family.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2018

The location of this property is fantastic - it's right on the edge of the theater district and Hell's Kitchen. There's a couple of different liquor stores and a small Food Emporium and a CVS super close, a couple of Starbucks close, TONS of places to eat (chain garbage if you go towards Times Square, of course, but LOTS of cool places if you head into Hell's Kitchen). It's considerably cheaper than staying closer to 8th on 42nd (this is around 10th). The decor etc is a bit dated but for the price you really can't quibble about that. The room was clean every day. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The A/C in our room was just BARELY keeping up with the heat and it was only mid-to-high 80's during our stay - this happens in older properties with older AC systems so it's not really a ding, more of an issue to keep in mind. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family