It's all about the location. If you are looking for a hotel in a centre of Manhattan, dont want to pay a fortune for your hotel, are ready to accept some drawbacks, then go for Stanford.
- great location. Literally few steps to anywhere in central Manhattan.
- friendly staff. all our complaints were addressed immediately.
- the rooms are clean spacious.
- some of the rooms have very poor view. first room we were offered had walls literally right behind the windows - so there was no light at all. we changed it to one of the "front view" rooms, so it was better.
- the windows were dirty. try to imagine not washing your home windows for several years - you got the idea.
- if you use the stairs, you can see chipped worn walls, dirty floor, different tools scattered there.
- rooms are a bit noisy - from both outside traffic and from the hallways.
Breakfast: bagels, philly cheese, butter, jam. coffee, tea. thats actually all. Again: good if you are on budget.
Generally, you get what you pay for. Take it or leave it.More
- Free Wifi