“The Stanford is a standard one”
Review of Hotel Stanford

Hotel Stanford
Ranked #308 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 27 January 2017

Certainly not a hotel I will remember in the future however what I can say about it is that it was fairly clean and in the center of NYC. I went to the Stanford at the beginning of November last year and I spent 4 nights there before catching a cruise in the port of NYC. Unfortunately it was under renovation when I went therefore there was quite alot of construction going on inside and out, and believe me its not a nice start when you arrive at your hotel which looks like a hole from the outside due to to all construction works. So the inside is quite dark and gloomy I would say in my view but that may be because of the works going on. The room was fairly large for 3 people, 2 double beds and a fairly decent bathroom, I did love the size of the shower I have to say. However we had a stingy little window and our view was literally an alley way which was constantly dark which is not what you like to see when visiting new york. In terms of food, breakfast was included but there wasn't much variety just your standard cereal, muffins, toast, bagels and yoghurts, and of course coffee, tea and juice. Yoghurts were actually delicious. But the breakfast area was literally a small room with a couple chairs thrown around and if you wouldn't arrive there early you would have to seat with either strangers on their table or not sit at all, which is not a fab idea for me. Staff were polite at all times I must say but apart from this not somewhere I would go again.

Room Tip: Top floor which hopefully includes a good view
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank crissymacano
HotelStanfordNY, Manager at Hotel Stanford, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor
and please accept my apologies for all of the issues you experienced with us. We are sorry to hear the view did not meet your expectation. Thank you for recognizing our convenient location and clean room.
Thanks again for recommending us and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back for an even better stay at Hotel Stanford next time!

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Hotel Stanford

Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

Fantastic Location, clean room, limited breakfast choices, but worth it for the convenient location to all the restaurants, food market crossed the street and all night deli near by, will be back again.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 January 2017

This was my third stay at this hotel. There is a reason for guests returning - they're happy with the hotel. This time around though, the hotel did not deliver, and this was mainly on housekeeping. Upon checking the bathroom, there was a used bar of soap, shampoo bottle cap, starnds of hair - the cleaning was way below par. After discussing with the front desk (they asked me to e-mail pictures and a complaint which I did, and which I have still not received a reply to) we were upgraded to another and bigger room. While slooking for an electrical outlet I found two empty bottles that had not been taken out. So, as for staying here agin, I really have to give it a thought. If gthey want my money they need to get housekeeping to do a better job.
Apart from that, the hotel is very centrally located within walking distance from Penn Station and between 5th and 6th Avenue.
Breakfast is not much to brag about, but that is not unusual in this city when it comes to hotels. But there are plenty of places around the corner to choose from.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank MrWhye
HotelStanfordNY, Manager at Hotel Stanford, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments, and please accept my apologies for all of the issues you experienced with us. We are sorry to hear the Housekeeping did not meet your expectation. We regret that we were unaware of your discomfort prior to your departure.

We are thrilled to hear that you would stay with us again, please return again soon. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back for an even better stay at Hotel Stanford next time.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

Stayed at hotel having booked last minute for 6 nights for three adults, knew from website minor disruption to lobby area before going however i would say it's quite major as there's only. Walkway past desk and to lifts.
Room was a junior suite and was really big with two double beds a small sofa and chair as well as a fridge in the room, bathroom was very good with a good shower and bath.
Our room was at back of hotel however with a new multi storey building being built at about 5m from window meant it was very noisy as a outside elevator went up and down constantly even during the night and this sounded like a train coming right through your room , sleep quality for the first four nights was awful. I complained but was told they can't do much as it's noise from external source- room was very warm as was most areas in hotel and it couldn't be cooled . Inly thing missing in room was tea or coffee facilties
Breakfast was same everyday and consisted of 3 cereals, tea/ coffee orange/ water banana or strawberry yohurts selection of bagels, mini muffins and apples or bananas.
It was a bit small in the room they are temporarily using while work goes on.
Location was very good , one block from Penn station and close to Macys and other shops and attractions. We walked everywhere most days like Bryant Park, 5th Avenue , Times Square etc
Only 1 lift serving all rooms so can be slow at times but not awful.
Staff seemed friendly, safe in room and was cleaned everyday to a good standard.
We got this at a very keen price and room was great but wouldn't be a first choice of hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid back of hotel where building work going on.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 January 2017

Arrived at this hotel on 30 December 2016. Had been booked since May for 12 of us for 3 nights. Scaffolding over most of the front, notices in window stating that work to reception/cafe was being carried out - since April! One lift, 12 storeys, room with 2 singles, dark and dingy, bathroom like something out of Psycho, stains on carpet, air con in bathroom kept us awake most of the night and whatever was in air con in room gave us puffy eyelids every morning. Breakfast was available in dark piano bar, coffee from an urn, t bags, small yoghurt and bagels with cream cheese and a few miniature muffins. The street outside was filthy, piles of black sacks with stinking rubbish, all in all not very pleasant. For this we paid nearly $900. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends