3,318 results
All reviews grand bar great location west broadway new york canal street club room room service rooms are small greenwich village corner room lower manhattan mini bar coffee machine the empire state building nyc concierge lounge
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Pretty disappointing for 500 bucks. When you pay that kind of money per night you expect it to be better.. Appalling wifi (unless you pay more) no iron in the room; no power near the beds for charging phone's and nowhere to put your bag etc. Also the lighting was so dark i used my cellphone flash light to pack my bag. It's a nice looking hotel but certainly not a good choice for the money.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
mlynch548, Assistant to the General Manager at Soho Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

SPainter,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. I am saddened to read that your recent stay fell short of expectation.

Our WiFi issues of late have been our focus to ensure we are doing all we can with Spectrum to resolve. We have alternatives available to guests to ensure they are not inconvenienced. We apologize profusely that these issues interfered with you stay.

When it comes to having power near the beds, each of our phones is equipped with two USB ports for charging phones. I am sorry if you weren’t made aware of these, and in turn were unable to utilize them throughout your stay.

It is a standard for us to only provide irons in specified guest rooms. In saying this, we want all guests to have everything they need in order to feel comfortable, we are always happy to provide any additional supplies upon requests to ensure your room is to your liking. This includes adding more light, we are happy to add as many lamps as required to ensure we get it right. Our design is understated to remain true to our industrial neighborhood, and may not be for all.

We would be delighted to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Soho Grand. Please reach out to me directly at mlynch@sohogrand.com to coordinate your reservation. I would be happy to accommodate your needs to ensure that your next stay is superb.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

We stayed at this hotel for three nights. The location was great, right in the thick of Soho and very near to the subway on Canal. The room size was fine - not huge, but this is New York!. Very comfortable bed and the bathroom was perfectly fine as well. The room wasn't noisy at all. No in-room coffee, but they had some sort of coffee machine in the hallway. I didn't try it, so I don't know if it was good or not. There are newspapers available in the lobby, although supposedly you could get one delivered to your room. We tried that one morning although without success, so I just grabbed one from the lobby. The doormen were all quite friendly and helpful, as was the concierge.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th or 6th floor, and it was pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kitjones
mlynch548, Assistant to the General Manager at Soho Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Kitjones,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here at Soho Grand. We are pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay!

Our apologies that the newspaper didn’t make it to your room as it should’ve. I will be sure to investigate further into what happened on our end in that situation. Please reach out to me directly so we can note it on your profile for your future stays with us.

We look forward to welcoming you backs soon. Please reach out to me directly should you need anything at all!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

This is a nice, fun hotel that is well reviewed elsewhere. While the hotel claims to have upgraded wifi recently, it doesn't seem to have worked. We stayed there when they were full and the wifi was the worst ever. Wifi dropped repeatedly. Whether it dropped or I just turned off my device, I had to sign back in nearly every single time, so I ended up signing back in as much as 15 times in 24 hours. Eventually the front desk clerk gave the the sign in for the employee system, and that worked.
One small thing--the coffee/tea in the hall was adequate, but a "4 1/2 star" hotel should have real cream, not fake, and better tea than Lipton.
Other than these issues, we had a good stay and would recommend the hotel to anyone who would like to be in that neighborhood.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard R

Richard R,

Thank you for sharing your stay with us here on TripAdvisor. I apologize for the issues you experienced with our WiFi. We appreciate you taking the time to detail your time here and I can assure you we will certainly be looking further into this specific matter.

The reasoning for the creamer is the lack of refrigeration on the floors. Upon your next stay please reach out to me directly and we will be sure to stock your room the creamer of your choice!

I am pleased to learn you enjoyed your overall stay, looking forward to welcoming you back.

Please feel free to reach out to me should you need anything at all.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

I arrived early for my stay and was going to check my luggage for a 3:00 check-in. The doorman told me to go to the front desk and see if I could get in early. Instead of the usual routine, Karina said to give her a minute and she would check. No problem! The room was fine with adequate space and a nice open feeling. I do prefer more counter space in the bathroom but it was fine for our needs. The hotel patrons were mostly young, hip, and energetic. The bar scene was great. This was the feeling you got throughout the hotel. The breakfast room was very nice with a choice of tables or couches with low tables. The staff were very accommodating, I was also offered extra time at check out to have time to freshen up before leaving for the airport. The location was great for walking or subway access.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Sheldon K.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here at Soho Grand. I look forward to sharing with Karina that she was such a stand out throughout your stay. She is an essential part of our team and we thank you for taking the time to acknowledge her efforts.
I am pleased to learn you enjoyed your time with us and am looking forward to welcoming you back upon your next trip to New York. Should you need anything at all please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

The Good: beautiful lobby and rooms, friendly and reactive staff, good location
The Bad: rooms are smallish for the price paid, bar and restaurant are expensive, rooms not very practical (e.g. small round table is useless as a desk)
The Ugly: rooms could use some brushing up, A/C was extremely noisy

Room Tip: avoid "X02" rooms; they're next to the elevator
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Tummy2013,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience and elaborate on both the good and the bad throughout your time here. I am pleased to learn you took the opportunity to enjoy the public spaces as well as our wonderful surrounding neighborhood, Soho.

I am sorry to hear your room did not fulfill your expectations. Upon your next trip to New York please reach out to me directly, I am positive that we can find you a room that better suits you.

Looking forward to hearing from you as well as welcoming you back to Soho Grand.

Warmly,