4,373 results
All reviews rooftop bar haven rooftop times square new york rooms are small continental breakfast bagels door staff our honeymoon brick wall perfect location concierge service rockefeller center fantastic hotel big apple central park around the corner
Reviewed 10 February 2016 via mobile

My partner and I were going to see a show on Broadway. So, I was looking for a place for us to stay that would allow us to park the car and have a convenient walk to the theatre. The parking garage I pre-booked was across the street from this wonderful hotel. The theatre was a quick 3 short blocks. Also, because she love sushi and the reviews I read.on the restaurant - I booked a table at "Tender". The staff that evening was VERY professional and attentive who it being over the top. It's a small restaurant so, tough to have a romantic ambiance but was still worth the experience. First impression about the hotel estetic exteriorally - very nice.. Open the doors and it was stunning. The staff upon entering were WONDERDFULY welcoming! They were friendly with geniune smiles on their faces. The young lady escorting us to the elevator/stairs. Our room was small but that was because one were talking about New York and two my partner doesn't do elevators so the staff was being accommodating. The room was clean and comfortable. Also, continental breakfast was included with our stay. I will say though there was a HUGE difference between the "Tender" evening staff to that of the morning staff and the evening staff was far more superior on all levels. The staff wasn't as friendly, they were forgetful and one young lady sat us at a ess desirable area despite our protest stating we weren't a party of four but she then later sat another couple at the same table and other 2-chair tables were available - I wasn't happy with that (lost a star for the restaurant inconsistency) at least my coffee was good. After breakfast we sat by the fire comfortably snuggling and took it all in.

This review is very long for me to simply say - we BOTH loved the hotel and would absolutely, unequivocally stay there again..

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reginaa016
Reviewed 10 February 2016

This little boutique hotel exudes style. We loved the dark rich tones and hip yet tasteful furnishings (by "hip"' i dont mean Aloft hip - this place is more upscale and has a rich quality to it). The hotel is just a half block down from Time Square yet manages to feel far outside of the hussle and bustle of this tourist destination. The hotel has two bars (one is rooftop) and a restaurant. The bars both have young cute wait staff and are generally fun places to hang out. I was surprised however that the apres-ski themed roof top bar was not really happening that much late on a friday night (we were there past midnight) although the wait staff tried to inspire the patrons with their "ski shots".

The rooms were very well appointed and consistent with the rich, dark hues of the hotel lobby. The beds were very comfortable. I was surprised though at how tight the bathroom space was. The shower area is separated from the bedroom by a curtain (no room for a wall I guess) although the commode is behind a sliding door. When staying in New York and staying at a boutique hotel, you generally expect the room to be confining. Because we had booked an upgraded room, however, I guess i was expecting a little more space.

Couple of other comments/observations:
1) staff were extremely polite and helpful all throughout
2) they do not valet your car, but there is a parking garage that you can pull into just on the other side of the street. The garage valets the car but you will still have to unload your luggage with the bell hop and then drive your car accross. Not a big deal but something to be aware of. Also, the hotel arranges a $40 discounted rate for parking per each 24 hours. This is not a bad price for New York.
3) breakfast is included but only the continental portion of it. This was not explained to me (or if it was, it flew by me) so I was surprised to see the breakfast bill when i checked out as we ordered noncontinental food.
4) the hotel has access to a gym but it is a few blocks away (free pass for hotel guests). It sounds like a nice gym but we did not visit it.

Overall a very nice stay and I could certainly see myself staying here if we want to be close to Time Square again.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2016

We stayed at the Sanctuary for 4 days last week. It was a terrific experience. The hotel is in a great location on 47th between 6th and 7th. It turned out that the theater we were going to was just around the corner and we were sorry that we didn't try to get tickets for the Late Night show as the studio is just a couple of blocks away.

The hotel is beautifully and quietly decorated with a small entry lobby (as you would expect from a boutique), and attractive, modern and very clean rooms. My friend and I shared a 'double double' (i.e., two double beds) which had a separate bathroom with a door and a shower. As I understand it, the King rooms (which we also asked about) have the shower right in the room. Although pretty small, the separate bathroom was good to have.

We had asked for a room with a view (there are only 2 double doubles that look out onto 47th street) and not right below The Haven, which is their lovely rooftop restaurant and bar, as other reviewers had talked about it being noisy when they stayed in the room just below it. We ended up with a nice view and no noise problems (except a couple of late night sirens and a garbage truck in the early morning hours).

We ate at the rooftop restaurant a couple of times and thought the food was fine although not standouts. The Haven itself is a great space, and they have a separate bar on the main level, along with a more formal restaurant. Breakfast was included in the price, and they offered some limited menu selections rather than a full buffet per se.

All of the staff were very helpful and accommodating. We loved our visit and would definitely stay at The Sanctuary again.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 February 2016

I booked the Sanctuary hotel as a surprise birthday present for my boyfriend. We had both never been to NY was super excited once he found out.

When we arrived at the hotel it was beautifull! we were greeted right away and shown to the reception desk. The staff at reception were exceptionally helpful and lovely. They wished my boyfriend and happy birthday and told us where our room was. When we arrived in our room it was amazing!!! the bed was huge and comfy the bathroom and shower looked so clean and new. There was a delightful treat left on the bed for my boyfriend and birthday card signed by all the staff and the yummiest cupcakes to wish him a happy birthday!!

We loved staying at this hotel and would 100% stay again. All the staff were so helpful, polite and happy. The rooftop bar is lovely! you must visit if you have the chance!!

I would highly recommend ordering breakfast, you get free pastries/ bagel but they also serve other hot breakfast meals. I had the avocado and poached egg on toast every morning it was delicious and the price was really affordable. I still dream of the avocado and poached egg still cant find anything like it in England.

Yes you can hear the hustle and bustle outside but you are staying right near times square! Honestly this was such a beautiful hotel, spacious rooms and the kindest hotel staff. I cant wait to book another trip back here.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

Excellent concierge staff and friendly, efficient check in on our short 1-night stay. Our room was proof that excellent thing can come in small packages; no larger than one would expect in NYC but not too small for a short stay. Would highly recommend!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple