4,349 results
All reviews rooftop bar haven rooftop times square new york rooms are small continental breakfast bagels door staff our honeymoon brick wall perfect location concierge service rockefeller center fantastic hotel big apple central park around the corner
Reviewed 25 January 2016

Three different people welcomed me as I arrived on a bitter cold January day. The manager even grabbed a much needed cup of coffee for me as I checked in.
I didn't mind the small room (king) as I was only staying the night. All I cared about was a comfy bed and a shower with good pressure. It had both.
Ryan the bartender made a great drink and was a pleasure to hang with before we left for the eve. Fresh hot potato chips at the bar were a bonus.
Continental breakfast was great with fresh baked muffins, but service was slow. They would be better off letting you help yourself as most places do.
Roof top bar was closed by the time we got back, but there was a blizzard...

Room Tip: room 410 has two windows looking at concrete.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2016

Stayed at the Sanctuary in January on our honeymoon and loved it.

The good - location, location, location. 150m from Times Square and right in the heart of the action. Very close to great bars and diners, close to the theatres, Rockefeller centre and a few blocks from a couple of subway stations. Modern and clean. Excellent staff, very friendly and the front desk ladies were excellent, friendly and very welcoming without all the false niceties.

The not so good. Very little really. Pillows were shocking (very subjective), $8.00 mini bar water. The rooftop bar's happy hour is confusing and it's decor is terrible... At least it gave us a laugh. (Head to Langan's a couple of doors down for drinks, service, atmosphere and a nice meal.) Rooms are very small.

Certainly one of the better hotels I have stayed at and would definitely recommend it to anyone heading to NYC. More like 4.5 stars really.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Brandon M, Manager at Sanctuary Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a great review and staying with us on your honeymoon trip to NYC. I am happy that you had such a great stay and hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 24 January 2016

Great people with a friendly and helpful attitude; rooms quite small, but nicely done; also we were in a standard room and this IS New York City, so to be expected. Overall great value for money and would definitely re-book.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business

Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and hope to have you re-book very soon!

Reviewed 22 January 2016

I stayed at Sanctuary for one night because I had a work party that would be over late and did not want to travel back to NJ. I chose the hotel because it was close to my office and would stay here again if needed. I would highly recommend staying here if you need a midtown hotel. The rooms are small but could easily accommodate a single person or couple. The location is ideal for midtown being about a block away from Times Square and near the theater district. They even have complimentary breakfast which I didn't have but is a nice touch.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy were able to accommodate you for your work party and hope to have you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 January 2016 via mobile

How any one can fault this hotel is a mystery! It's perfect! From the moment the taxi pulled up outside and our cases were taken off us and the doors flew open to the moment we checked out we were treated like the only guests nothing was to much trouble. The star concierge were brilliant recommending places to eat booking reservations and tickets for attractions always so friendly and helpful! The rooms were lovely so stylish and we couldn't hear a pin drop when you entered the hotel a good nights sleep is what you need after a busy day exploring the city!
Thank you for such a wonderful stay!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple

Our S.T.A.R. motto (Service Tailored to Any Request) is geared to enhance each and every guests' experience and I am delighted to hear we achieved that during your stay with us.

I will be sure to pass along your kind words to the staff and look forward to you staying with us again.