Comfortable room with minor problem over hot water on the first morning which was quickly fixed. Didn't find air conditioning noisy but there was noise from outside. Did not appear to be any double-glazing panels in window frames? Recent improvements obviously did not include sound-proofing. Not bothered by occasional sirens (expected) but we had two nights disturbed by a jackhammer operating in the street below despite being on 31st floor! Presumably it was emergency work? Breakfast in La Brasserie was good on our last morning. Cocktails in the bar were excellent.
Only real gripe is the complete lack of any complimentary Internet access, even in the lobby. I have never known this before. My stepson was staying in the Hilton Garden in the next block and had free access in his room and all public areas, accessed with his name and room number. Charges for us in CP would have been $10 for four hours or $20 a day! We opted out but it was inconvenient (we found free access around Times Square). There were a lot of functions going on and these charges might be reasonable for business guests on expenses needing prolonged Internet access but are completely unreasonable for tourists who just need to access email and download a newspaper once a day. Crowne Plaza should consider complimentary access (half hour?) for tourists. Staff were unfriendly when asked about this but they are probably fed up of guests complaining.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Times Square, always New York's most exciting scene, seems all new now that the Crowne Plaza Times Square has reinvented itself. Come check out our $85 million re-invention, and see for yourself how modern design can provide a whole new kind of comfort. Enjoy one of our 795 well-appointed guest rooms outfitted with fresh contemporary accents and plush Sleep Advantage beds. Every room offers breathtaking views of Times Square, the famous Manhattan skyline or the Hudson River, unique among hotels in Times Square. Relax in our sleek lobby lounge, or have an evening cocktail in Broadway 49 Bar. Delight in a new spin on New American Eclectic cuisine at Brasserie 1605, one of the most exciting Times Square restaurants. With options like these, it's no wonder that New York seems so new. If you ve come for a meeting, you ll benefit from the new tech-friendly environment. If you re here for an event, you ll revel in the open space and atmospheric lighting, and when you walk through our front door, you step onto Broadway dazzling lights, world-class entertainment and urban energy. That's how Crowne Plaza Times Square is keeping New York new for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan Hotel New York City
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Manhattan
- Crowne Plaza New York City