1,579 results
All reviews black tap day bed central park continental breakfast au bon pain new york bagels times square carnegie hall one bedroom suite small hotel sitting room adjoining restaurant mini kitchen large bedroom street noise good size
Reviewed 28 March 2016

This was our 2nd stay at The Blakely. We love the charm of this boutique hotel.
We stayed in the penthouse suite (it would accommodate the 3 of us). It was clean and nice. The patio was a nice feature. We enjoyed our coffee (maker in the room) on the patio in the mornings.
The bathroom was clean.
We split our stay between 2 hotels this visit. The Blakely disappointed us, when compared to the other hotel. The Blakely lacked customer service. We would leave through the small, quiet lobby each morning and return each afternoon and leave again for a show in the evenings. Never once were we greeted or welcomed. Not once. It might not have been noticeable but we had just spent several days at another large hotel and we were ALWAYS greeted.
Like other reviewers, we went down to the complimentary breakfast one morning. My son wanted to grab a bagel or donut to take with us on our excursion. They wanted to seat us. I explained he was going to get something to go. They didn’t allow for that and told us we would need to be seated. We left and grabbed a bagel at Au Bon Pain, just outside of the entrance of The Blakely.
One problem we had with the PH suite was there is a door in the bathroom that leads to “emergency stairs” (they are the stairs that anyone can use, instead of the elevator). Housekeeping/maintenance used these stairs (towel storage, etc.). We would look this door from our side when we would leave. When we would return, it was unlocked. EVERY day... I realize that employees enter hotel rooms. But this felt unsecure and a bit of an invasion to us. I was not comfortable with this door/system…..
The only other issue we had was minor. We asked for a few extra pillows to use for our son, who slept on the pullout couch. The pillows smelled like they had been stored in a cigarette factory. They were not useable.
The best part of The Blakely is the location. It is a few blocks south of Central Park and only a few blocks from the center of Times Square. This hotel is not in the “thick” of TS so it is calmer and quieter and an escape. It is steps away from the subway, too.
The Blakely was “okay”. The Blakely, being a smaller hotel (17 floors, I think….but not a super large hotel) could improve on hospitality and customer service. Especially when compared to the other large hotel (+900 rooms) we stayed at.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank janet g
BlakelyNewYorkMgmt, Manager at The Blakely New York, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2016

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write hotel feedback and it is unfortunate to hear that your expectations were not met during your 2nd stay with us.
If you may please give us a 3rd try and call on us; by calling directly to the Blakely New York sales office at (212)245-1800 ext. 2223; so we may ensure you these issues will not happen again on your next stay as these issues are not normal.
Thank you again and we hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

I book 2 nights for my short stay in NY. The location is excellent no matter go to the Central Park in the morning, or shopping after 10am, or go to Broadway and Time Square at night. The room is comfortable with microwave and capsule coffee machine. The breakfast is simple but acceptable. The overall service is fine. Will Recommend to friends and stay again.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
BlakelyNewYorkMgmt, Manager at The Blakely New York, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2016

We are happy to hear your stay was enjoyable! Thank you for the feedback and we hope you decide to stay with us again on your next trip to NYC.

Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a week and found its location just perfect. It is within short walking distance from many great cafés, restaurants, a grocery, conference venues and theaters. Times Square, Central Park and Rockefeller Center is likewise close by. Everywhere we needed to go and everything we needed to see was nearby. You can also hail a cab easily.

They have a great food outlet at their ground floor too, that serves wonderful bagels and yoghurt for breakfast and nice Italian food for lunch and dinner.

Their conceirge was very helpful in finding our way around and for useful information.

Their rooms were extremely comfortable and clean. None of the bedbugs other NY hotels are infested with, as seen in the news. I enjoyed the traditonal feel of the rooms, and even the elevator, with lots of wood adorning it. I liked the fact that their lightbulbs weren't the energy-saving types that emit a weird-colored glow. I especially liked their Keurig machine in the room. It made early morning, jet-lagged coffee convenient for those time-busting hours until breakfast is served. I'd call this hotel's rooms quaint.

Overall, it made my usual hectic business trip more much more bearable.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

I had the trip of the year this March. New york! Hmm! Still miss it!
I choose to stay in a very nice presented hotel on a very well knoown bookings site.
Nice recomandations, reviews. That's it!
Well, may be my expectations were to high!
I found the hotel, indeed, in the heart of NY
This is the best point, and unfortunately, the only.
I would say is an old hotel( from my perspective) with a very sad interior designs. Green walls(hated), cold colors carpets aso.
Some how clean but everything looked stinky.
The window was so dirty that I couldn't look at it. And fixed with scotch band.
Breackfast, give me a break!
I could not name it a breckfast service.

Disaponting!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Vladutu G

We are sorry to hear your expectations were not met! As we understand our Old English Manor style may not be for everyone, we hope our service and attention to detail sets us apart. May you please contact us as sales@blakelynewyork.com to advise which room you stayed in so we can make sure the room is cleaned to par. Thank you,

Reviewed 25 March 2016

Always welcoming and unpretentious, with nicely appointed and nicely-sized rooms. The Blakely is our go-to whenever we do business in NYC. Convenient to everything you need, and well worth the money, too.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business