New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Amazing hotel, right on Times Square” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Night Times Square

Night Times Square
Ranked #328 of 477 Hotels in New York City
“Amazing hotel, right on Times Square”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

When we arrived we were expecting the rooms may be quite small, but ours was very generous in size! Great amount of space, nice clean room and AMAZING location. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Daniel F, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, 25 February 2012
Thank you very much Louandjono, we truly appreciate your positive recommendation as well as those wonderful pictures you posted up of your room. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to NYC.

dfeurtado@stayhotelny.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tewkesbury, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

Having liaised with Walter the concierge by email before arriving as it was our first time in New york and I wanted to make it special for my daughters 16th, I felt very relaxed about the whole trip. Walter was a star, organising chocolate dipped strawberries for my daugher and booking us treatments at the local spa and generally being invaluable. It was great to finally meet him and the rest of the Reception staff, Dennis, night porters, and Anna et al were amazingly friendly and helpful. I had trouble with jet lag and saw quite a bit of the night staff who kindly went out in the early hours to get me paracetamol (tylenol) and hot chocolate so I could sleep.!!
We stayed 4 nights, on the 9th floor and whilst I agree with small rooms and slow lifts, I checked the hotel out first and it does what it says on the tin! I was aware of the music from next door on the sat night still going on till 3am!
Can really recommend this hotel, my complaint on departure regarding a room service bill was kindly removed and left me feeling that our stay at stay. couldn't have been happier. Walter and Anna helped with directions and maps, got to know our names and made us feel special - what more could you want? Food in the hotel was excellent as well.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Fiona M
Daniel F, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Thank you Fiona M for your kind words, We are all thrilled that you and your daughter found our staff to be extremely helpful and enjoyed your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Apopka, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

Let me first say, I did a lot of looking before I finally booked our hotel for our NY trip, as every hotel had its share of positive and negative reviews. So with that said, I booked this hotel for several reasons. First of which is due to the fact the hotel actually takes time to read and respond to reviewers like myself, showing they actually care. Secondly, I wanted a hotel with character, not a major hotel chain catering to business types. And most importantly, location! I think the hotel delivers on all three.

My wife and I were in town celebrating our 5th anniversary, our flight got in very early on Thursday morning and our room was not ready (understandable), but the hotel does provide luggage storage, and it was an easy process to check it in while we went out for the day. When we came back later in the day to check-in to our room, we were pleasantly surprised by a nice bottle of sparkling wine compliments of the hotel to celebrate our anniversary. We stayed in room 902, which was a King room, and while other posters complain about the “tiny” rooms, I thought the room size was very appropriate for a couple. Fact is, you sleep in the room, and maybe come back for a quick rest…so this was a very low priority for us to begin with. Bed was very comfortable, room was clean, bathroom was clean, and the room has a safe. Even though we had a street facing room, and with the proximity to Times Square, we did not feel noise was a factor, and slept great each night. As for the elevators that several have posted about, though they are a tad slower than what you might be used to, I would not say our wait for an elevator was ever longer than 3 to 4 minutes if you actually timed it by your watch. So please, do not make a decision about this hotel based on the elevator!!

As for the common areas, the lobby is very colorful and they have beautiful, what appear to be blown glass chandeliers. The sitting area is very chic, and the Aspen Social Club has quite the Rockies feel in the middle of NYC, very cool bar/restaurant. On Saturday night, it seemed to be a pretty popular hangout too for those wanting a party or hip bar scene.

Finally, let’s talk about location. If you are doing the major NYC heavy hitters, i.e. museums, theatre, Times Square, shopping, this is absolutely the place. Times Square is literally 3 restaurant fronts over from 7th Ave which is the backbone of Times Square. My wife and I also went to Wicked, which was only a few blocks away, went to MoMA (again walking distance), Central Park, Radio City, Rockafeller, 5th Ave shopping, etc…all a comfortable walking distance. For trips down to the World Trade and Greenwich Village, etc. the Subway lines are all right within 1 or 2 blocks. Great selling point is the 2 Irish pubs across the street and right next door to the hotel! Location wise, you really can’t beat this.

Overall, I am very pleased with our choice, and combined with the price we paid per night, the location, and accommodations, I think this is a great value. Great job, Stay. I would definitely recommend, and will be sure to "stay" again the next time we are in NYC.

Room Tip: Obviously I think the higher floors are going to be quiter since it is further from the street noise...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kbeck45
Thank you kbeck45, I would like to congratulate you and your wife once again on your 5 year anniversary, thank you for choosing the Stay Hotel for your trip to New York City and destination of choice to celebrate such a joyous occasion. We truly appreciate that you took some extended time to provide us and all future guests with such a wonderful and detailed review of your experience while in residence here. I am thrilled that together you both enjoyed your experience and we all can’t wait to welcome you back. I would be happy to personally assist with your future accommodations arrangements, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Hot Springs, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

The hotel was a decent hotel for the price compare to the others of the same price in the area which I have stayed at before. There was plenty of space in the room the full size fridge and sink and cabinet was a very nice thing to have. The staff was very pleasant to deal with. Overall a very pleasant stay. If your wanting to stay on a low budget this is the hotel I would recommend. I priced lots of hotels before I chose this one and was glad I chose this hotel

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you john d for the review, I am thrilled that you found our staff to be helpful and enjoyed your experience with us,We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to NYC.

Regards

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

stayed here for 5 night had a few doubts about the hotel after reading a few reviews on here after we had already booked but they were soon gone after we checked in the staff were very helpful as it was my first time in the big apple and wasnt to sure about getting around , the room we were given was on the 3rd floor facing the street wasnt the biggest room but it was very clean and bed was very comfortable and the noise from the street wasn't to much of an issue we were in new york after all so wasn't going to be very peaceful , the location is brilliant step out of the front door and times square is right there so its great for getting about to sightsee on foot . all in all i would highly recommend this hotel would definately stay here again good price for the location and good room the only issue we had really was that my girlfriend left her hand bag in a cab with our phones in so had to use the rooms phone the cancel the credit card and the bill we received was around $250 for 20mins of phone calls which was a big shock upon checking out so if you do stay here don't use the phone but other than that i couldn't speak highly enough of this hotel

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple