1,314 results
All reviewsrooms are smallbagelstimes squaregreat locationnew yorkprovide ear plugscontinental breakfastfire stationwould stay here againsmall deskstreet noisenoisy at nightsmallest roombudget hotelqueen bedfront desk staffport authority
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

We just stayed here for 5 night.... The location was perfect, just off Times Square, the staff were helpful and friendly and our room was cleaned and made up everyday. The idea of the breakfast in the lobby is a fantastic idea and was basic but we enjoyed it every morning and saves us so much time looking for somewhere for breakfast. When we return to New York we would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2018
Econo47th, Manager at Econo Lodge Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Lisa G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your comments will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I had read lots of reviews prior to booking....both good and bad....so I went in with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised!! We got there before rooms were ready so the receptionist kept our bags behind the desk for us so we could go explore. We got back and checked into our room. Room was definitely compact but had all of the amenities needed for what we needed. We definitely don't go to NYC to hang out in the room! Wifi worked (once we figured out how to get on) and, when we encountered issues with the TV, they immediately sent someone to fix it. Bed was comfortable, there were plenty of plugs, there was rarely a long wait for the elevator. The lobby always had coffee and some sort of snack and the morning continental breakfast had lots of selection. For the money, you won't find somewhere with a better location...we were one block from Times Square....it was awesome!! Service was great and the price was good. There definitely isn't any kind of view from the rooms but, again, we were in the room only to sleep. My one complaint would be that we didn't have any control over the heater in the room and it was PUMPING so we ended up having to turn on the air to combat it....which was fine. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Econo47th, Manager at Econo Lodge Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Hello supergirlteacher,

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

For your next visit do not hesitate to contact us directly so we can apply the returning guest discount.

See you soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

I’m here because my first 3 choices were booked. There is no TV! This is the first time in 3 hours I can actually get a signal.

It’s clean. They leave a nice snack!

It’s noisy, and I can’t drown out the noise since the TV doesn’t get a signal.

I have the pillows up against the window to break the draft.
Never again!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Hello LeeAnn S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at Econo Lodge Times Square.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the room heating on your recent visit. Also, the TV matter has been completely repaired. We use Dish Network and we encounter satellite issue when there is inclement weather. We apologize that this inconvenienced your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with maintenance department to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to New York.

All my best,

Reviewed 21 March 2018

If you work in hospitality you must have a great attitude. There are people that just look miserable at work and force a smile. NOT HERE! Everyone I interacted with was genuinely nice and extremely hospitable. They assisted with all my questions and addressed all my concerns. The breakfast is pretty good. They have options so I tried something different each day. The location is unbeatable. It is near all the main attractions. Any question I had the receptionist always helped. They were all very knowledgeable about the area and had great recommendations. I must say they are some things that can be improved. It is an older building so the heating is not controlled within the room. Luckily they modified the temperature once I called the desk. Also, if they change the carpeting it will have a nice chic look. These are doable things that would make this already great hotel, better. You really do forget this is just a 2 star hotel. It truly exceeds all expectations. I had a great experience and can't wait to see the promised changes I read on some responses.

Room Tip: If you are staying more than 2 nights stay away from rooms on the lower floor that are near 8th ave.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Hello Charolette S,

We sincerely appreciate your excellent feedback!

We take pride in our everyday duty and goal to provide superior guest satisfaction. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. As mentioned, we are planning renovations in the room that would provide a more modern look.

For your next visit, contact us directly. We offer discounts to all of our returning guests as a gratitude for their loyalty.

See you soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Having read about the small room size, I booked a superior room. Although it was snug, the bathroom was certainly bigger than the regular rooms, and there was adequate room to walk around the bed. I could compare this because after I'd checked out and left my bags with reception, we asked to use a restroom before we left for the airport and the helpful reception staff allowed us the use of a regular room. I'd also asked for a quiet room and I was allocated room 500 which was furthest away from 8th Ave but next to the elevator. Despite the "warning" indicated by the ear plugs provided, we were never disturbed by the elevator, nor by street traffic and noise except for the night of St Patrick's Day! The room itself had clean linen and towels, and housekeeping did a good job. The breakfast is more than adequate; the only downside is that because it uses all disposables, it's not particularly environmentally friendly. But coffee is available all day, and cookies in the afternoon. Special mention must go to Jay on reception who was incredibly helpful throughout our stay, even printed our boarding passes for us, I'd definitely stay here again. Why pay more? It's in an excellent location, 20-30 mins walk from Penn Station (we came via Airtrain and LIRR) , about an hours journey in total from JFK.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for higher floor and quiet room for a better nights sleep
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello Jenny B,

Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. Also, we will most definitely search for more eco-friendly options for breakfast. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

All mem best,