“Economical and Great Location!”
Review of Park Savoy

Park Savoy
Ranked #437 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Once I found this place in 2010, I won't stay anywhere else in NYC. The location is key! The price is right and yes, the rooms are small but you have your own bathroom, hard to beat for that price in NYC. Very clean and you can store your luggage before check in or after check out which is convenient. We were there during the Thanksgiving parade and to just step out of the hotel and see the parade.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 10 December 2011

Yes, the rooms can be small, though we had a two double bed room, (roomier than the single bedrooms), with a nice size bathroom, a full walkin closet & a small fridge! Always very clean, and the location is the best! And continental breakkfast is included every day, plus a one time complimentary drink, at the Italian restaurant next door(which by the way had great food, reasonably priced too). We were half a block from where we watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, which was the reason for our visit this year. We always stay here because of the reliable, clean, & convenient location this hotel has to offer.

Room Tip: If you're younger, try to get lower level rooms, there is only one elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank namma05
Reviewed 7 December 2011

All in all I thought this hotel was great. If you are willing to sacrifice the glitz and glam of the more upscale hotels in NYC and you just need a place to sleep and keep your stuff then this is the place to be. The room was a bit small but I didn't care because I was there only to sleep. It was clean and quiet. The hotel staff were friendly. Bathrooms were clean. They let up check in very early and keep our bags there after checkout while we walked around the city. I did not experience any loud construction work.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth S
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I have a couple complaints first the BED! one of the most uncomfortable hotel beds I have ever slept in. Lets just say I spent 3 days in NYC and got no sleep. After spending the day/night out all you wanna do is get some good sleep so you can be rested to do it all over again, not the case with this place. My 2nd complaint, having guests... I go out there to spend time with friends, would be nice if 1 was allowed to come up hang out before heading out for awhile but no, I think if the guest thing is an issue then the front desk should have a sign in sheet so they know no extra people are sleeping there. It makes sense for the people traveling from another state just to see people there. Overall its convenient to Central Park and Times SQ. I liked the fact that I could walk to and from Times Sq without taking the subway. Will I stay there again? Maybe in the future, and pay for 2 double beds just so i can have a guest!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Pleasant enough when walking thru the entranceway in one of the best locations in New York. You are directly accross from the back entrance to the Essex House which would take my entire months social security check for 1 night. For a single there was room enough for a bed and thats about it. I booked the room but was surprised by $20 in tax. I needed a magnifying glass to find that info on my reservation receipt. The elevator was broken so they gave me a room on the 2nd floor which was very nice of them. Again the location 1 block to Carnegie Hall, 1 block to Central Park. It was a good overall experience except for the room size.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo