2,764 results
All reviewstimes squarenew yorkhell's kitchenindoor poolintrepid museumminute walkcentral parklincoln tunnelthe penthousefew blocksgood sizetwo double bedsstayed here for nightsrestaurant rowper daysuperior roomroom was large
Reviewed 18 May 2018

Great service and courtesy. Enjoyed our stay but missed convenience of coffee pot in room and microwave. Pool area beautiful views, easy access to taxi service. Helpful concierge. 3 blocks from Times Square and restaurant row. In house restaurant not great but adequate

Room Tip: higher floors have better views
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
MARK H, General Manager at Skyline Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Thank you for your nice comments, I am sorry if you did not know that we have kettles available at the front desk for use in the rooms.

All the best,

Reviewed 12 May 2018

We could not have been more pleased with our stay at the Skyline Hotel! We stayed there because it was selected as the hotel for a submariner reunion my husband was attending. They offered the group a special rate which was very affordable for a hotel in a good location in NYC. Every staff person we encountered at this hotel went out of their way to be courteous and helpful. The woman (don't know her name but she hailed from Austria and Turkey) who checked us in graciously gave us an upgraded room which had a fabulous view of the NY skyline and was very spacious (large living area separate from the bedroom). Location was great with plenty of restaurants nearby. Room and common areas were clean and well maintained. Rooms have a refrigerator so you can keep your food and drinks cold. Beds were very comfortable. The front desk allowed us a late checkout even though they were fully booked that night. When we went downstairs to checkout late they even offered to let me go back to the room and wait there while my husband attended a meeting after they learned I had taken a fall in the street and banged myself up pretty badly. Since they have a very comfortable lobby I did not take them up on it but I truly appreciated the compassion shown. The only negative thing I noticed about this hotel is that some of the furnishings were a little dated and worn but given the price, location, great staff and cleanliness of the hotel it was no big deal to us.

We travel extensively and usually stay with big chain hotels like IHG and Hilton in order to take advantage of their reward programs. So glad we deviated from our norm this time and gave the Skyline a try.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

First, I hope you have recovered from your fall in the street and all is well. It was so nice to hear how much you enjoyed the hotel and our staff. By the way the front desk agent is Gunes and I will share your kind comment about her.

Now that you found a home away from home, we hope to see you ahagin in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 May 2018

stayed at the skyline from 5 may for 4 nights. first impression of the room was very good, its not a bad size, there were 3 of us sharing and was ample room to move around. Bathroom was very small though, and the bath was very low, (if I had got in it, I wouldn't have got out of it), but the towels were very fluffy and very white, I have stayed In 5* hotels and the towels havnt been that good. we found the room too warm the first night there, until we found were we could switch the air con on. a couple of times we were woken up by people who had been locked out of their room and was trying to wake the person inside, but it wasn't an issue.
rooms were cleaned every day and towels changed every day. location isn't too bad, though I have to say, the 3 of us had a rotten sense of direction, so got hopelessly lost several times, we were very lucky with the weather, warm and sunny, which only added to our enjoyment, and Central Park in the sunshine is absolutely amazing. we had a breakfast in the Mexican restaurant attached to the hotel, beautiful breakfast, but omg so expensive when the tax and surcharge is added, we ate mostly in the Deli's, nice food and a lot more reasonable.
the rooms have an iron and ironing board and the safe is also free.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
MARK H, General Manager at Skyline Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we seemed to exceed your expectations. Cant help you with your sense of direction, but we can provide a nice hotel to stay.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel for its central location and 4 star rating. I struggle to believe this even achieved a 3 star. The hotel is extremely well located and crystal on the front desk was very good at managing customer complaints, thats where the good ends. ( i must point out crystal assisted in changing our rooms when we had to complain and she was very good) We had to change room during our stay because all we could smell was marijuana, i complained to reception twice and on the 2nd complaint they moved us however within an hour of being moved we could smell it again, even stronger it made me feel physically ill. I know the hotel cant be blamed for its customers but this is clearly a problem as they have notices in the lift asking people not to smoke marijuana! - not standard practice im sure.. The decor is very dated, curtains dusty and windows murky. The lady on the reception (,not crystal) was an older lady, she was the most unwelcoming recetionist ive ever met! No hello, how are you, enjoy your stay.. nothing but a grunt n telling us our room number. No kettle or tea making facilities available. Walls thin, we heard next door having sex and heard arguments and doors slamming throughout the night. I would not stay here again. This was not my first time in NYC so i know this standard is not normal practice for hotels there.. do yourself a favour and book somewhere that will greet you and appreciated your custom.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emma B

We, as many hotels today, we do everything we can to warn guest that we are a non smoking hotel. I see Crystal was helpfull and was surprised to learn the other desk clerk was not friendly.

I appreciate your honest feedback,

Reviewed 7 May 2018

We selected the Skyline Hotel because of 3 main reasons - (1) Location - it is VERY centrally located to the subway line, hop on/hop off bus lines, Time Square, etc; (2) Price - it was very reasonably priced for the location and accommodations (pool); and finally (3) POOL - as travelers with chronic knee, back, and hip issues, the pool was a great option to decompress each evening.

Now here's the experience, everyone was incredibly rude - and i'm not talking about New York people having different mannerisms and than where I'm from - the hotel was the ONLY place I experienced ANY rude people for the entire 5 days I was there (which also includes airport staff). When we asked for recommendations for food and such, we were told to walk outside and we could find anything we wanted. They were very unapproachable and useless with helping us navigate the city. You also have to PAY to have them hold your bags either before you check in or after you check out.

Our room was pretty far from the front set of elevators, which was not a big deal - except that DELIVERY PEOPLE WILL NOT BRING FOOD TO YOUR ROOM... frankly, walking to the hotel front desk for my delivery was not much different than just picking it up myself.

While our room was right outside the train, we could not hear a thing from outside - so very sound-proof from the outside; however, that is NOT the case with your neighbors. Our next door neighbors had a young child that was screaming all night and up early everyday. I wasn't really in a position to discuss it with the pissy hotel staff, so we just banged on the wall to let them know that we could hear them, and that seemed to work most of the time.

It should be noted also that they do not have ice machines on every floor. Another inconvenience, having to go to the 6th floor for ice.

My biggest complaint is the POOL! First of all, it's only open for a couple of hours in the morning, and a few hours in the evening. While I very much appreciate a life guard on duty, the pool wasn't open at all from 10am - 5pm daily, which would have been nice to know for planning purposes. A few times, we wanted to swim before evening activities, but we couldn't swim during the day. Additionally, it's a fairly small pool. AND they have SWIMMING LESSONS taking place during the open swim time for hotel guests. So we were only allowed to use HALF of the already REALLY SMALL pool. The HOTEL STAFF / POOL ATTENDANTS WERE VIDEO TAPING the people taking swimming lessons - while there were young children (hotel guests) playing right next to them. This is INCREDIBLY CREEPY and unacceptable. AND - the "advanced" swim lessons that were taking up half the pool involved the swimmers DIVING in a pool that is barely 5feet 6 inches deep (it says 6' but i'm 6' tall and my entire head was out of the water with feet on the ground). There are SIGNS that say NO DIVING all over the place, and there are swimmers diving in front of several younger kids (hotel guests) - setting a VERY bad example. When the other kids began diving as well (because the swim lesson participants were diving), the pool attendant was yelling at them and getting very frustrated that they weren't listening - while the other swimmers were STILL diving!!! (This took place Thursday evening 5/3). Between the diving situation, and only having use of half of a really small pool during already limited pool hours was really disgusting. The pool was a prime reason for selection of this property and it was NOT worth it at all. We only got to use the pool 2x during our 5 day-3 night stay.

Don't use the pool as a determining factor in selecting this hotel. There's no coffee pots in rooms. The facility is very outdated and old, the walls have wallpaper peeling. The room was clean but nothing fancy. It was an "okay" experience - primarily because of the location. But it would not be enough for me to stay here again with other cheaper, more up-to-date options in the same area.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

It is never pleasant to hear from a guest with so many issues, but this important for us to try understand why. The staff is always here to provide the best possible service, I have no idea why you felt we failed. The comments about the pool has been shared with the company who manages the pool.

I wish we had met your expecations and I can assure you we will continue to learn from your comments.

Warm regards,