“not much better from 2009”
Review of The Watson Hotel

The Watson Hotel
Ranked #352 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 17 March 2012

we last stayed here in december 2009 after checking in found that are room was at the front of the hotel decided to change rooms,no problem we were sent to the b tower .it looks like the room we were in had not been decorated for years mould in the shower area (which puts my wife off straight away!!) is not a good sign,comfortable bed again but as before other guests did not seem to realise that they were not the only people staying there .twice we were woken up in the early hours by people shouting in the corridors!! we dont think that we will stay here again in the future

Room Tip: dont get one at the front of the hotel far too noisy
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clarkey58
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Watson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2012

clarkey58,

Ben J
IHG Care

There are newer reviews for The Watson Hotel

Reviewed 16 March 2012

Agree with vacationer102. Really good location. Older accommodations but clean. We would definitely stay again. Staff was very friendly and felt safe the whole time. Walked to most areas. Loved the location to Central Park and loved spending time exploring there.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank vacalover22
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I'm not sure why this hotel gets such good reviews. My experience was extremely unpleasant. The front desk person that checked me in was rude and condescending, My room stunk of cigarette smoke, there was no air conditioning, the wireless network rarely worked, and the place was dirty.

I stayed in B Tower which hasn't been renovated, (at least I don't think it has) and maybe A Tower would have been better.

Some of the staff were friendly and helpful, (the man that stored baggage was wonderful) but most of the staff tended to look right through you. The bartender in the afternoon was surly and rude.

I will NEVER stay here again even though the location is perfect.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank tisiddk
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Watson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

tisiddk,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Room in Tower A. Convenient to subway, Whole Foods, Central Park; not a bad walk to broadway/ts. Bathroom recently renovated/very clean; TV great; bed-queen -- ok; no view; I'd stay here again no problem.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vacationer102
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Before leaving I read some reviews about the hotel and was worried...but when I arrived I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was clean the staff were helpful and the atmosphere was good. I stayed in a twin double room and for a NY hotel room it was very spacious. The room was clean and the bathroom was small but nice. Times Square is about 10-15 minutes walk and the nearest subway is about a 5 minute walk. Dont be put off by the bad reviews, at the end of the day this isnt a luxury hotel, its a Holiday Inn. I would defo stay here again. I've stayed on Times Square before and the rooms were tiny, so this hotel is in my top 5. TIPS: get a room above floor 10. If you want to get to this hotel from JFK airport for less than 8dollars do the following: from JFK get the air train to Howard Beach Station(cost 5dollars) then you need to get the A train to 59th street (cost 2.25 dollars) and then from there you can walk 2 blocks. The whole journey takes about 1.15 hours. SIMPLE!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends