Let me start off by saying that the price and location of this particular Holiday Inn were fairly good.
However, there were some basics that simply weren't met. Room cleanliness is probably the number 1 concern - while our room had no bedbugs and the sheets themselves were fairly clean, everything else in our recently refurbished room (including all walls and handles) needed a thorough scrubbing. While some things did not look too dirty, when extra towels were delivered and I accidentally hit the wall with one, it was covered in black dirt. Similarly, when we moved the dresser to plug in a phone charger, there was dirt and garbage behind it. The bathroom also was not as clean as it should have been upon arrival (but got a little better the next two days). The bathroom also had an awkward layout, and as the sink and counter are in a separate are there was no place to put anything needed for shower time (might not be an issue for a couple or family, but could be awkward for groups of friends).
The service at the hotel was mixed. Our check-in and check-out were easy, and front staff and housekeeping were generally ready to help when needed. However, the concierge wanted to charge us an obscene amount of $ to make a local call to quickly ask a question of a venue we were attending later and would not even use his computer to look something up as we were leaving for the day. This was surprising as we have never encountered something like that in any of our travels.
Not sure if I would stay again, but this is an acceptable choice for a short trip and 2 or less people per room (having 4 made it harder!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood, The Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street is conveniently located to famous New York attractions. Just three blocks from Central Park and Carnegie Hall with Lincoln Center nearby. Situated within the Theater District, a Broadway show is a moment away. Fabulous shopping at Tiffany's, Niketown, Fifth Avenue, and 57th Street boutiques. JFK Airport and LaGuardia Airport are only 45 minutes away from this Manhattan hotel location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), HotelTravel.com and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Midtown New York
- Holiday Inn New York City
- Holiday Inn Nyc
- Holiday Inn Times Square
- Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street
- Holiday Inn Midtown Manhattan
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Manhattan Midtown