4,576 results
All reviews monkey bar club room wine and cheese new york continental breakfast second floor lounge central park cocktail hour bagels hard boiled eggs fresh fruit charming hotel home away from home small hotel each evening king suite midtown manhattan
Reviewed 28 December 2016

We stayed at the Elysee over the Christmas weekend. It was charming. The location is excellent and the staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and of a reasonable size for NY. I would not say the room was tired, but my sense is that it will need renovation in a couple of years. One of the things I liked best was the large room where breakfast is served, along with snacks during the day and wine and cheese at 5 pm. There were some nice touches, like Pepperidge Farm cookies and night. I noticed during the happy hour that the staff knew some of the guests from previous stays. The only downside for me was the fact that there are no exercise facilities on-site. There is access to a nearby health club, however.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2016

I booked rooms for our friends and ourselves - none of us had stayed at the Elysee before but were tired of big hotel chains and like the concept of boutique hotels. We, for the most part, chose it because of the reviews on TripAdvisor and are thankful we did! The rooms are lovely (ours even had a terrace which we didn't expect), was extremely clean and we especially enjoyed all the extras - the breakfast, the happy hour and the friendly staff. The location can't be beat - walking distance to shopping and many attractions and hop, skip & jump from subway station. Only criticism I could make is that sometimes the elevator takes a while - on the other hand, we got to meet nice, friendly people waiting for it and on it! So how bad is that?

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 December 2016

This was our second stay at Hotel Elysee and it was just as good as our first. There is old world ambiance at this boutique hotel. A welcoming and helpful staff. Fine accomedations. Great location. Generous included breakfast and afternoon wine and cheese. Cant be beat.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2016

This was our second stay at this hotel on both occasions for six nights. The location is very central and the nearest subway is effectively one block away. Central Park is an easy five minute stroll past the interesting side show that is Trump Tower. The staff continue to excel in friendliness and in assisting with any particular need. This included obtaining a short notice cab during rush hour. The wine evening is lovely and I suspect that we more than used are allowance of Prosecco during our time there. Breakfast is continental and has everything you would need. The rooms are kept clean. I didn't feel they were particularly dated but were within the style and theme of the hotel. The only potential issues we came across were availability of tables at breakfast and the one lift. Neither were significant. During the six days we didn't obtain a table at breakfast immediately on one occasion and a staff member secured one within a couple of minutes. We were on the fifteenth floor and therefore pretty much reliant on the lift. We did walk on one occasion. This was not related to a lack of lift but was prosecco related decision making and isn't recommended. On all other occasions we obtained the lift in a couple of minutes as at busy times it is going up and down continuously. Not much else to say. It's a great hotel. I would stay again and would recommend to any friend. Clearly deserving of its current position.

Room Tip: Been on 7th and 15th Floors both are absolutely fine.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2016

I have stayed in this hotel several times. I am a repeat customer due to the hotel's location, friendly staff, complementary breakfast and wine in the afternoon. The rooms are on the smaller side and very traditional but comfortable. The price point is outstanding for a NYC hotel. I like the boutique feel of the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple