“Best doughnuts is town!”

The Doughnut Project
Ranked #29 of 389 Bakeries in New York City
Neighbourhood: West Village
Neighbourhood: West Village
Reviewed 1 May 2018

Took my girlfriend on the Secret Food Tour, and was introduced to The Doughnut Project. A very small and cozy shop, with a lot of selections. My girlfriend had never tried a real American doughnut before, we got the Everything doughnut, and she loved it. She even bought an extra (with lemon frosting, excellent!). She tried 4 more doughnuts (Starbucks, Dunkin, Café, etc) throughout our weekend stay in NY, none of them even close to the Doughnut Project. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I feel slightly bad giving a 3 star review here, but my wife, brother in law, and his wife weren't overly impressed by the 3 do us we had from here. The ones we were really excited about were all gone when we were there, so we got the berry one, the malter white, and the Texas tea one. The berry one was underwhelming to us, thought the other two were good (not great). I probably would only go back if I knew they had the flavors we wanted to try available. Service was great while we were there.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped into the small shop of sweets and was pleasantly surprised. Loved the lemon flavored doughnut that I bought. Also tasted my sons coffee toffee doughnut and it was also very good. This was a nice find on our family outing.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Amazing Doughnuts!!

When you pay $4 for a doughnut, this is what you want!!! Delicious!!

Friendly staff too!

This is what Perfection looks like!

Reviewed 4 February 2018

In the escalating crazy flavor donut competition, TDP has work to do. While the names are creative, the quality is not there. Compared to the granddaddy of them all VD, the donuts are too dry and dense. The flavors are hit/miss. At $4/pop, need to execute better. Will not return - disappointed.

1  Thank CulturedBacillis