“Another return visit ... and still consistently wonderful”
Review of Vaucluse

Vaucluse
Ranked #476 of 15,761 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Description: Altamarea Group welcomes you to experience its foray into French cuisine through impeccable food, provocative drinks, and an alluring, vibrant setting. Vaucluse is a celebration of the uniquely spirited Provençal joie de vivre. Vaucluse is a place to meet old and new friends, to dine simply or lavishly, to rendezvous or to linger. Chef Michael White has created a menu embracing a variation of traditional French culinary sensibilities fine-tuned to the urban palate.
Reviewed 25 June 2018

This time I visited with another group of friends at lunchtime and they also were impressed with the food and wonderful service. Special thank you to our server John and Bachwaiter Guillermo. IT is important to know that when you return to a place, it still has the high standards that you have become accustomed to. I was introduced to this restaurant by people in my building that come here regularly for special occasions. This is my fourth visit and will not be my last. The portions are perfect size and they have gluten free bread!

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

I was invited here by some NYC locals. It was perfect for a Sunday night dinner with friends. The cocktail bar was accommodating and made a perfect manhattan - thank you. The dining room is stylish and filled with a great combination of diners. It is quiet enough for great conversation. The service is friendly but professional. The menu had enough choices for all, and the asparagus soup and charred octopus were both tasty and a perfect combination. My dining partners had the fish, which looked yummy and was perfectly accompanied. They let us linger for two hours, enjoying out food and the surroundings. I would put this on the list for business, friends and to impress a date.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

A friend and I dined here last night. Pros: Lovely, comfortable space that turns into a jazz bar after 8PM or so.
Food: Scallops were superb. My friend had the bass which she said was tasty--but the piece of fish served was so small, it looked like an appetizer portion. I am quite accustomed to nouvelle cuisine portion sizes but this was truly tiny. The appetizers were generous in size but disappointing. I had the spring rolls. Lots of seafood but it was tasteless. My friend had the burrata with grilled peaches and did not like it, although I thought the burrata was tasty but too much greenery made it hard to eat.
Desserts: I had the berry parfait. Very tasty but again, tiny. They gave me a tablespoon to eat it but the parfait dish was so small, I could barely get the spoon in it. My friend had the chocolate chip cookie with ice cream and chocolate sauce. Her assessment: cookie dry, too little ice cream and chocolate sauce all but invisible.
Despite the misses on the food, we were okay until they asked us to leave because they needed the table just over an hour after we sat down. We had 3 courses, wine and coffee. I think we had the right to linger but I am not sure we fit the profile of the "club" that it turns into after 8PM. Needless to say, we were really insulted and will not be back.

1  Thank Eastsider74Newyork
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

I loved this place. They did everything right. The music was really nice and the service was really great as well. I was more than happy to take part in this experience. Me and my beloved have been avid travelers lately and have been going to many new restaurants. There have been many memorable experiences and this is definitely one of them to be sure. I was greeted with such love and gracious courtesy by the people working there and the service was spot on. This was definitely an experience and I hope to have it again at this place when I am back in the city. It was a one of a kind place with an amazing cuisine that will make any person's mouth water.

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

They have very nice facilities for groups and the service is excellent. The starter salad was tasty and fresh. I had steak frites, wonderful, and their French fries are the best. Nice ambiance and friendly atmosphere.