“Superb!”
Review of Vaucluse

Vaucluse
Ranked #452 of 15,868 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Description: Altamarea Group welcomes you to experience its foray into French cuisine through impeccable food, provocative drinks, and an alluring, vibrant setting. Vaucluse is a celebration of the uniquely spirited Provençal joie de vivre. Vaucluse is a place to meet old and new friends, to dine simply or lavishly, to rendezvous or to linger. Chef Michael White has created a menu embracing a variation of traditional French culinary sensibilities fine-tuned to the urban palate.
Reviewed 6 July 2017

We came for lunch during NYC French Restaurant Week and we found everything to be perfect from start to finish.

The Maitre'D, Adam, and his staff were very welcoming. We had a lovely bankett table in the beautifully appointed dining room. The service was excellent . We loved everything we ordered- the leeks, the pate, the trout almondine entrees and the incredible strawberry mille-feuille desserts.

It was a completely enjoyable experience!

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant in a fantastic location. We ate at the bar ( love doing that) and there was a jazz trio playing with a lovely singer. The bartender insisted we try the different wines to make sure we would be happy. Felt like I was at a wine tasting. AWESOME! Food was terrific. Salmon was perfect and my wife got the burger that was top notch. We will return for sure.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Vaucluse creates a very special comfort zone. I have been there three times, and loved it every time. It is beautiful, stylish, but not snobbish. In fact, the service is wonderfully personable and accommodating. I consider it similar to Gramercy Tavern for its straightforward, uncontrived, absolutely delicious cuisine.
If you consider the generosity of the staff here and the overall quality of the food, You will find it easier to have a fine meal here for less money than what you might pay in for less posh places.
Yesterday I went there for lunch with two old friends from California who have traveled the world and tasted the best of the best. They were delighted by their experience at Vaucluse. None of us wanted a big meal, and our waiter made it easy for us to share a small assortment of the things that made us happy: steak tartare, smoked salmon, grilled asparagus, and French fries. I would have been happy with the multi grain bread and butter alone. At dinner time, the bread assortment is even more generous, varied and compelling. And I rarely eat bread in restaurants!
We weren't going to have dessert but we did because I knew that the pastry chef creates confections of explosive deliciousness without leaning too heavily on sugar.
If you are looking for contrived gastronomy, or if you have the appetite of a bear, you should probably go someplace else.
Me, I will go back to Vaucluse.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

the place is very nice, the service is perfect but what is in your plate not that great, The food is over rated i had the sole. The sole is a very fine fish when it is not tooooo big and mine was the size of a steak and the sauce was so difficult to digest.....

1  Thank lolotte17000
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

We came for a family brunch but had a chance to examine the dinner menu and wine list as well. Lunch and Dinner have consistent theme - you could for example have the White Label Burger (A+) and Hangar Steak & Frites (B+). For brunch, they offer a nice 5 piece pastry selections for $25. Well made almond croissant, chocolate croissant, tea cake and regular croissant - at a decent price for white table clothed dining. The Smoked Salmon and Raw Tuna we ordered were both terrific as was the oysters. My French Toast was fine not the greatest (B) but the White Label Burger is about the best burger I ever had period. It was medium as ordered with a nutty, char grilled flavour consistently through the well aged beef. Another entree was Salmon poached which was moist in the middle (A-). Will come back for dinner.