“Superior Service, Sausage, and Sauerkraut!”
Review of Gabriel Kreuther

Gabriel Kreuther
Reserve with OpenTable
Gabriel Kreuther is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 14,316 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 27 July 2016

Please note that if you want to enjoy the wonderful sausage with sauerkraut and the classic tarte, you can make a reservation for the bar area, the area where these options are available. There is a 3 course $36 prix fixe menu which includes these choices and the fabulous beignet dessert with caranel ice cream. Server, Luis, was attentive, refilling iced tea as soon as it was needed, pacing courses perfectly, and even offered to make an ice pack for a recently injured hand.

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

My best friend and I just stopped in to have a drink we had missed it the night before and made it our mission to get there before our dinner to have our cocktails very friendly staff very nice and clean my kind of bar and restaurant even though we didn't eat there my drink was super awesome! We will most definitely visit that place our next trip thank you for your awesome service

1  Thank Joletta B
Reviewed 24 July 2016

Walking in, one is struck by the beauty of this dining room! It's a little rustic but the textured, patterned wall paper give it a luxurious elegance to a natural-like setting. I really loved it. All the staff were really responsive and aware of your movements. It really makes you feel special. We always go to a nice restaurant on special occasions and have a tasting menu so we've experienced a lot of bad service and exceptional service. This was on the exceptional side and that really makes or breaks the whole experience. Our server, Miguel, made a point to make our time special. The Sommelier knew all of the wines very well and helped us choose one that really went along with all of the courses. Every course was a winner and there were no misses. This is hard to do. I appreciated every delicious bite. For our main, we had an Iberico pork tenderloin with seared Morcia. Oh my gosh! It was simply delightful! The pork just melted in your mouth like butter. Absolutely delicious. Our Sommelier gave us a sampling of red wine for us to enjoy during this course, which was very classy. Our meal ended with a series of beautifully presented desserts that included a little inscription of "Happy Anniversary" which was a nice touch.

2  Thank DiaNoor
Reviewed 24 July 2016

We recently travel to NYC and we choose this restaurant for a special lunch with my wife, and everything was excellent, the services, and te quality of the cousine.

1  Thank LuisBarboza
Reviewed 20 July 2016

Spacious, sophisticated. Pop in to escape the Bryant Park/area insanity.
Great service. While the wines are delicious, the pour is miserly.
I love the giant cube of ice for drinks on the rocks.
Try the roaster peppers.