“Awesome meat”
Review of Yakiniku Futago

Yakiniku Futago
Reserve with OpenTable
Yakiniku Futago is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,183 of 13,935 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Flatiron District
Neighbourhood: Flatiron District
Reviewed 15 August 2016

I'm a big fan of Yakiniku Futago.

I was fortunate enough to try a good number of meats here -- including the premium 6 beef, the dragon cut kalbi, the hamideru kalbi, and the 10 second beef. These meats are premium quality and freaking delicious. Oh, and that 10 second beef... it's otherworldly delicious. Their top 2 appetizers were also quite delicious. The service is also impeccable.

The two primary sauces at Futago are okay. Nothing too special, but the chopped wasabi sauce that comes with one of the meats is pretty darn good. A few notes that were a little surprising. When asked if we would like to have sangchu (lettuce) to wrap our meats, I wish they would have mentioned that it would be $8 for like 6 leaves. We had several orders of lettuce, so it was a little shocking on the receipt especially since most Asian bbq places offer unlimited lettuce for free. Another thing was that they refilled our alcohol without asking. We didn't want to make a scene, so we accepted and paid for the extra refills. Hope that was all exceptional service instead of deceit.

There are newer reviews for Yakiniku Futago

Reviewed 20 June 2016

Five stars for everything.

I've had vivid dreams about this place ever since I had my first meal here. You know that feeling when you get a crush and you can't stop thinking about them? Well, clearly I'm infatuated with Yakiniku Futago. Everything was so delicious that it was consumed at an accelerated rate -- we got the crispy potato salad, beef and uni over seaweed, cold noodles, garlic rice, garlic butter filet, and a variety of other dishes I couldn't care to remember.

I would heavily advise making reservations and reserving their Waygu beef. We ended up with a later reservation and missed out on a few dishes that they ran out of. The price tag is steep for the portion that you receive, but the quality is well worth the money.

The restaurant provides you with a bib to prevent spills and splatters on your clothes, a plastic bag for your phone, and their bathrooms are fully stocked with toiletries you might need to refresh after your meal. They even have state-of-the-art Japanese toilets. I spent at least 15 minutes playing around with all the buttons.

Yakiniku Futago is an experience everyone must attempt to try.

Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

The entrance and bar was uninspiring but once comfortable at table it was clear the service was going to be fantastic and the menu was very interesting.

I tried a number of meat and fish dishes and the Hamideru Kalbi stood out. This giant but thin cut of wagu is server on dry ice and very dramatic. After ceremonial cooking and cutting up the taste was frankly the best meat I have ever eaten. I was not expecting to love the cold noodles in broth but this was superb.. Chewy noodles and a delicious broth they said cooked overnight and frozen into cubes to clarify (I think).

Very memorable experience and would strongly recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

Yakiniku Futako was an interesting place. All of the meat was excellent, well-marbled, and very tender, as well as beautifully, if sometimes theatrically, presented. The beef sushi was particularly delectable. However, the service seemed a little unusual from the beginning, when we walked in. We were taken aback when the waiter came up to the table and silently removed the tongs from someone's hand and started tending to the meat himself, still without a word. It would have been nice if the scissors he used to cut the meat were for our table only.

Reviewed 16 February 2016

This is by far the best restaurant in NYC. The beef is imported from Japan and is superb. The prices are also reasonable for what the product is. Would recommend for anyone visiting or living in NYC.