“AMAZING cheesecake!!”

Ranked #24 of 14,901 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Nolita
Description: Eileen's Special Cheesecake opened for business in December, 1975, and arrived in lower Manhattan on December 4, 1976. It was a "ghost town" when I first arrived, but that didn't bother me because the rent was low and I desperately needed a place to bake for my growing wholesale business. I hadn't considered the retail aspects of the business until people started knocking on the door of the bakery wanting to buy cheesecake. With that encouragement, I purchased a bakery case and began to conduct retail business. Soon after our cheesecake attracted the press and we were listed in "Best Bites" in New York Magazine. Radio station WOR rated us "Number One Cheesecake" and we appeared on television quite often whipping up batters of cheesecake. Time passed, and now Cleveland Place is in a popular area where the mix of people and restaurants and shops are so unique. Downtown is becoming the "place to be", and we are actually on most maps now. We survived difficult times, and now "let the good times roll"!
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Must come to Eileen's during any visit to NYC! Cheesecake is amazing, loads of good flavours too. The cheesecake has the right balance of tang, sweetness, and creaminess. Just, perfection. Cookies also thoroughly decent.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,792)

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

A small and enduring place, all about cheesecakes. A lot of flavors, good quality, take away is highly recommended.

Try the salted caramel and the pecan cheesecakes.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Went out of the way to find Eileen's cheesecake shop on Cleveland Place and was well worth it. Big thumbs up from us.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Visited this small shop in New York by luck. After visting the college convention in New York City, my grandson had an idea to look for the famous Eieen Special Cheesecakes.
We bought few cheesecakes, canolis and pecan pies. Service was great and fast. The line was long but worst the time.
The pecan pie was great, the canoli were fantastic, but when we taste the cheesecake, WOW, so creamy, so tasteful.
I was sorry that I bought the small size, however, my grandson got the big cheesecake to share with the family.
I got the chocolate marble and oreo cookies cheesecake.
If you are in New York City stop at Eileen Special Cheesecake you will never regret stopping there.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Recently tried Eileen’s on visit to the city. Had read a lot of reviews about this place and had high expectations. Very small place and packed with customers. Great selection of cheesecake although portions were a bit small. Overall it was good not great possibly because I had very high expectations. Would definitely give the place another try.