“Great food and service”

Blossom Vegan Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Blossom Vegan Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #273 of 14,311 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Service was really nice and fast.
The food was very tasty and huge, I couldn't finish my plate, but I loved it, very spicy.
We sat outside, so we could enjoy people watching. Really nice experience.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

We saw this Chelsea restaurant listed as one of the top vegan/vegetarian venues in NYC. I was disappointed, my first course of raw zucchini rolatoni being rather gooey (the cashew cheese I guess). My main of riggatoni in porcini cream sounds much better than it tasted. My beer came out of a tin. The service was top grade, however, and one of our plates was replaced without any fuss.

1  Thank J_Jarndyce
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Service: attentive, knowledgeable and friendly waiters who made our meal easy and enjoyable
Food: the special bourekas were extremely disappointing. For $15 we were given two small pastries with very minimal filling, the size of your index finger that could have been taken out of a packet. However, the butternut squash gnocchi was delicious. For main course my (vegan) sisters had the lasagne which in their opinions was fantastic (note to chef: serve with more sauce!) I had the port Wine seitan which was tasty- definitely an interesting substitute for meat. Another member of our group got the seitan scallopini which he enjoyed but he said it could’ve been hotter. Someone else got the special tagine which sadly was very bland and disappointing so replaced with the lasagne as well. Desserts weren’t so amazing- I’ve definitely had better vegan desserts! Nicely presented though
Atmosphere: comfortable ambiance. Would return if all prices were lower...!

Reviewed 21 October 2017

We have been huge fans of Blossom UWS for many years. The vegan food has usually been very tasty and the service very good. However, things have been going downhill this year and fast....the best wait staff and manager have left along with the once generous portion sizes. The food is not inexpensive by any means but we have been willing to pay the price to enjoy the food. Tonight was probably the last night we'll eat at Blossom...at least until management gets a grip on what's happening there or changes altogether. We were the first couple to be seated and ordered our usual salads and entrees. We continued to sit and wait for our meals watching the other tables fill up and food being delivered to these tables not long after. Twice we asked the wait staff/manager where our food was and all they could say is....we're checking! As we watched our seitan scallopini being delivered to other tables, we finally had enough, got up and left. The whole experience was so disappointing and management is entirely to blame. You will certainly lose more customers behind this bad management style. Oh and I don't want to forget the $11 (or $12?) tiramisu that went from being a decent sized dessert to the size of an enlarged dixie cup for the same price. Really?? Fortunately NYC is full of other well run vegan restaurants and equally good food. In fact, after we left Blossom, off we went to one of our other favorites and enjoyed a wonderful dining experience there. I can't offer a rating for the food since we didn't receive any.

3  Thank M S
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Based on the menu and reviews I was so looking forward to or dinner. The area and location is so great. Prices are great for the city.

We did love the sampler app with lots of choices and a nice wine list. We went early because we had theater tickets but were done so quickly we walked 30 blocks because we had time. Food comes out really fast and we were not done with our appetizer when our food was delivered.

I would give it another try