“Nice but expensive meal”

Blossom Vegan Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Blossom Vegan Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #308 of 14,211 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Service: attentive, knowledgeable and friendly waiters who made our meal easy and enjoyable
Food: the special bourekas were extremely disappointing. For $15 we were given two small pastries with very minimal filling, the size of your index finger that could have been taken out of a packet. However, the butternut squash gnocchi was delicious. For main course my (vegan) sisters had the lasagne which in their opinions was fantastic (note to chef: serve with more sauce!) I had the port Wine seitan which was tasty- definitely an interesting substitute for meat. Another member of our group got the seitan scallopini which he enjoyed but he said it could’ve been hotter. Someone else got the special tagine which sadly was very bland and disappointing so replaced with the lasagne as well. Desserts weren’t so amazing- I’ve definitely had better vegan desserts! Nicely presented though
Atmosphere: comfortable ambiance. Would return if all prices were lower...!

Reviewed 21 October 2017

We have been huge fans of Blossom UWS for many years. The vegan food has usually been very tasty and the service very good. However, things have been going downhill this year and fast....the best wait staff and manager have left along with the once generous portion sizes. The food is not inexpensive by any means but we have been willing to pay the price to enjoy the food. Tonight was probably the last night we'll eat at Blossom...at least until management gets a grip on what's happening there or changes altogether. We were the first couple to be seated and ordered our usual salads and entrees. We continued to sit and wait for our meals watching the other tables fill up and food being delivered to these tables not long after. Twice we asked the wait staff/manager where our food was and all they could say is....we're checking! As we watched our seitan scallopini being delivered to other tables, we finally had enough, got up and left. The whole experience was so disappointing and management is entirely to blame. You will certainly lose more customers behind this bad management style. Oh and I don't want to forget the $11 (or $12?) tiramisu that went from being a decent sized dessert to the size of an enlarged dixie cup for the same price. Really?? Fortunately NYC is full of other well run vegan restaurants and equally good food. In fact, after we left Blossom, off we went to one of our other favorites and enjoyed a wonderful dining experience there. I can't offer a rating for the food since we didn't receive any.

2  Thank M S
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Based on the menu and reviews I was so looking forward to or dinner. The area and location is so great. Prices are great for the city.

We did love the sampler app with lots of choices and a nice wine list. We went early because we had theater tickets but were done so quickly we walked 30 blocks because we had time. Food comes out really fast and we were not done with our appetizer when our food was delivered.

I would give it another try

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I love Blossom (all locations). Every meal I've ever tried here is absolutely delicious, and because it's all vegan it pleases both myself (dairy allergy) and my wife (vegetarian). Just ate dinner here with omnivorous friends who all loved it, as well. I had the butternut squash gnocchi as an appetizer and the pistachio dusted tofu for dinner, both amazing. A place you must try in NYC even if you don't consider yourself vegetarian or vegan.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

I was visiting the Chelsea area when I came across this restaurant in a map search. We don't have vegan restaurants where I'm from so I wanted to try it. The soup of the day was a carrot lentil soup ($12) which was wonderful. I followed it up with the Southern Seitan in a wrap ($17), which came with either fries or a salad. The salad was a beautiful fresh baby lettuce salad with an unfortunately sweet dressing. The seitan was spicy and very tasty. The restaurant is small and very elegant with a couple tables looking out onto the street. Service was professional and efficient, if not altogether friendly, except no one checked that I needed anything else once they brought the food out. But I would go just to get a great vegan meal in pleasant surroundings.