“Might be my favorite restaurant in the country”

Blossom Vegan Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Blossom Vegan Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #286 of 14,308 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I love Blossom (all locations). Every meal I've ever tried here is absolutely delicious, and because it's all vegan it pleases both myself (dairy allergy) and my wife (vegetarian). Just ate dinner here with omnivorous friends who all loved it, as well. I had the butternut squash gnocchi as an appetizer and the pistachio dusted tofu for dinner, both amazing. A place you must try in NYC even if you don't consider yourself vegetarian or vegan.

1  Thank Ross O

Reviewed 4 October 2017

I was visiting the Chelsea area when I came across this restaurant in a map search. We don't have vegan restaurants where I'm from so I wanted to try it. The soup of the day was a carrot lentil soup ($12) which was wonderful. I followed it up with the Southern Seitan in a wrap ($17), which came with either fries or a salad. The salad was a beautiful fresh baby lettuce salad with an unfortunately sweet dressing. The seitan was spicy and very tasty. The restaurant is small and very elegant with a couple tables looking out onto the street. Service was professional and efficient, if not altogether friendly, except no one checked that I needed anything else once they brought the food out. But I would go just to get a great vegan meal in pleasant surroundings.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

My partner and I had diner here during our visit in New York. Our host was really nice and there was enough to choose from on the menu. The ambiance was cosy. The space between the tables was a little tight but it did not disturb our whole experience. My partner went for the specials of that day but sadly that did not rise to her expectations. She did not feel comfortable telling the host at that time and ate the parts that she did like (there were big chunks of seitan on her plate that was just not her thing and after tasting it, I concluded that I did not like that either). I ordered the enchiladas and they were really good. We shared a desert (the tiramisu) which was as if we went straight to heaven, that good. When our host came to ask if we would like anything else and how everything was, my partner explained about her food. Our host felt genuinely sorry and when she came back with our check, there was no charge for the meal of my partner. We thought that was a very nice gesture and we really appreciated it. It is something that you do not see very often anymore but it suits this little, cosy restaurant with their friendly personnel. We can recommend this restaurant to any one, also the non-vegan amongst us ;-). Ellen & Eva from Eindhoven.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I visited this restaurant with a Vegan friend, never had this type of for before. I had a burger with sweet fires and one of their smoothies. enjoyed the food very much.
There was a street festival going on right outside the restaurant, there are booths in the front and tables in the back.
I sat in a booth and even with the noise outside I found the noise level to be adequate for conversation so from 0 to 10 I would rate the noise level a 3 (10 being unbearable).
The service was good. I would visit again if I was in the vicinity.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Blossoms was great. Waitstaff was very knowledgeable and had great suggestions. "Scallops" were trumpet mushrooms and they were delicious. Great menu even if you have a non vegan with you.