“Best barbecue in town”

Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

This is the best grilled meat I've ever eaten in years . Though not cheap ( 100$/small combo for 2) it's worth every penny . Be prepared to wait in line between 20 to 40 minutes to get a table , as you can not book in advance. On arrival , register at the counter and the nice girl will tell you how long it will take . Even so , it worth the waiting . Besides the tasty meat , the way they grille it right in front of you , at/on the table ,it's unique ; they also give you a lot of seasoning sauces, condiments, salads and side dishes. Although small size , there was enough food for 2 hungry people . The large size , might be too much .The waiters are very nice and helpful. Although it's always crowded, you eat quite fast after you get the table . Excellent !

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Food was good and the special sauces and the beaten egg added to the flavor of the whole BBQ experience. Ordered the prime marinated rib and although it was a bit sweet it tasted good anyway.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

We can not compare this restaurant as to it's "Korean BBQ" authenticity (as this is the only one we frequent), but we always have a great experience. I know first timers might be a little overwhelmed on how to order. I remember our first time. We always order the Beef Combo, with either the short ribs or the prime ribeye (both excellent) and the pork collar (never a disappointment). Some of the staff are more interacting than others, same as any establishment. Don't expect a show. Your server is there to grill your selections or possibly shake your "lunch box" rice. We have never left hungry. Factoring in the experience and the quality of food, it's worth the wait. Enjoy.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Some say this is the best Korean BBQ in NY. I can't say I've tried them all, but it's certainly better than the two or three others I've gone to.

They don't take reservations except for large parties for weekend brunch, but an email exchange elicited the response that Monday nights the wait is shortest, so that's when we went. (Monday is often an off-night for the main chef, but since there is a large staff here that cooks at the table, we didn't think that would make a difference, and in retrospect, I think we were right.) Indeed, we arrived around 7:15 and only had to wait a half hour. You can wait outside or go to one of the nearby taverns, and they will send you a text message about 10 minutes before they expect to have a table for you. We, however, decided to have a beer at their own bar. We were a party of 4 buddies.

They have individual items, but also combination platters, beef or pork. They said that a "small" platter feeds 2, so we got one beef and one pork. All the meat was first-rate and the beef was cooked to order. There's also kimchee (appetizers), a few side dishes and condiments, and a soup. Each table has a barbeque grill in the center with an exhaust directly above, and they put down different surfaces on the grill depending on how much flame they feel each cut of meat should get. Everything was delicious. There was enough food, but, to be honest, I could have eaten a little more. A single large platter (normally feeding four) for three would better serve large appetites.

It was not expensive, but it was excellent. Aside from the meal, we each had a beer or two, and, including a generous tip, I ended up paying $55 for my 25% of the check.

Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

Very good! I had bimbibop with spicy pork my girlfriend had chicken fried rice and we tried the dumplings! Everything was excellent! Although the barley tea was total new to me!