“Wonderful costumes and sets”
Review of The Lion King

and up
The Lion King On Broadway
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Experience the stunning artistry, the unforgettable music and the exhilarating choreography of this musical theater phenomenon-one of the most awe-inspiring productions ever brought to life on stage. A remarkable tale of hope and adventure, THE LION KING has found its way into the hearts of millions. As The New York Times says, "There is simply nothing else like it." Now is the time to join the circle of life at THE LION KING, The Award-Winning Best Musical, playing on Broadway eight times a week at the Minskoff Theatre. The show running time is 2 hours 30 minutes. Performance times vary by season, please visit our website for current performance dates and times.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed 9 May 2018

I watched the video probably hundreds of times with my kids when they were young so knew the story well. I thought they did a great job of the costumes for the animals, very creative. The sets and costumes were amazing, but the singing was not fantastic in my opinion. And we found that some of the actors, the two lion brothers in particular, did not speak clearly and we had a hard time understanding what they said. The two young people who played the young lions were fantastic. All in all we enjoyed it, we had front row balcony seats which were great, we had a wonderful view of the stage and goings on. I did bring binoculars to see the makeup and costumes in more detail which I would recommend.

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank travelling55
Write a ReviewReviews (8,875)
All reviews
in 417 reviews
"simba"
in 111 reviews

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

One of the most incredible shows I have ever seen in my whole life. Phenomenal in every single detail. Please go!!!awesome,nothing to compare with!!!

1  Thank Marzena D
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

I knew it would be great, yet The Lion King still managed to exceed my expectations. The consuming is incredible, the music is moving and powerful from beginning to end and the cast coming down the isles from the house to the stage is so moving and powerful. The Lion King is one of my favorite movies so seeing the show was well overdue and I’m glad I experienced it. Bravo!!!!!

Reviewed 26 April 2018

An incredible show that is brilliantly choreographed, with amazing costumes and beautiful singing! A must see!