“Good food, good service”
Review of Claw Daddy’s

Claw Daddy’s
Ranked #1,627 of 15,768 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Lower East Side
Neighbourhood: Lower East Side
Reviewed 7 November 2016

Stumbled upon this place walking to another restaurant and decided to stop in for some char grilled oysters, raw oysters, and chicken biscuits. All were really good. The adult capri suns also brought a unique flavor and excitement to the restaurant. I also liked the atmosphere a lot.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

I had an amazing time at Claw Daddy's. Food was amazing and with a lot of flavour. I had my first oyster experience and I was not disappointed. Would recommend to anyone who loves seafood.

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Went with family after a long day in New York. Unfortunately we missed our original reservation due to traffic and a dodgy uber driver and called to let the restaurant know we would be late. However we were still later than planned but the host was so lovely and accomodating and after a short wait, our party of seven were seated.
I'm not a great lover of oysters but my niece insisted I try the grilled ones. OMD they were good. We came just at the end of happy hour so we were able to order wings as well. Shoot if I had known the wings and oysters were going to taste that good I would have ordered more than 2 wings and 1 oyster. My daughter and I then ordered 1lb of shrimp each her mild me spicey as well as a crab legs to share. At first I couldn't taste much heat so I asked for the inferno sauce. What I realised later was I needed to shake the bag a little to get the sauce from the bottom. However the inferno sauce came. Warning this sauce is not easy. Coming from a west indian background I was a little cocky thinking "I can handle this bad boy". Woooow!!
It was super hot but addictively delicious.
Staff are very nice and our waitress was very attentive. Can't wait to go back. Love this place
Also best cocktails ever!

2  Thank MonicaDee
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

Was in New York on vacation with several friends. We decided to check out Claw Daddy's after touring the World Trade Center and the 9/11 memorial. Very short wait to be seated. Ordered the Korean Sake, which was OK. Then ordered the Lobster cooked with potatoes, corn, and sausage and smothered in the Hot Combination House Special Sauce. The sauce is a delicious combination of Creole/Cajun and Asian spices. The dish was served with a claw cracker, a bible, and rubber gloves. Didn't really need them as none of the great dish missed my mouth. Price was also fairly reasonable. Restaurant staff were prompt, friendly and professional. I will definitely be back the next time I am in New York. Too bad they don't have a location in Atlanta.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

Visited for Happy Hour oysters, a spicy bag of shrimp and crawfish, and sides of garlic noodle and sauteed spinach.

The spinach came out slightly over salted, but staff were quick to replace. Definitely recommend the noodles, very moreish!

Would have liked some clams but out of season unfortunately. So will have to go back another time.

If you've been to Boil in a Bag they have a similar set-up, although I would rate Claw Daddy's higher for ambiance and quality.

A small, but nice selection of craft beers.