“Good Value, Location, & Staff!”

Comfort Inn Times Square South
Ranked #268 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Atlanta, GA
“Good Value, Location, & Staff!”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Feb 2012

I'm an Atlanta, GA-based singer/songwriter that traveled to NY in February for a show. I expected that other than crashing on couches throughout the week that it would be impossible to find reasonable lodging that didn't gross me (& my traveling companion) out.

Thankfully, we stumbled into this Comfort Inn! Found it on hotels.com and gave it a go. Before I could even get the words out of my mouth, the receptionist Shivani had us booked into our room at the advertised rate! No hassle like our previous hotel!

Also, my cousin who was with me had his dog with him & the staff was very kind in acomodating our puppy. Not the easiest thing in NY!

So for the 3 days we were there, we had a great rate, a great location (off of Times Square enough to avoid getting immediately sucked into the crowds), & great service (the staff was friendly & professional throughout our stay!)

The management even allowed us to use the lounge/cafeteria area to do a dry run for my show. Not every place would ok with that!

The one big con of the location are the slow internet access (don't expect to be streaming videos).

So to sum up, our stay was a memorable one for the right reasons! A decent room at an excellent (by NY standards) price in a good location! If you're traveling through NY for a couple days, I would recommend this place!

Don't expect the lush & lavishness of a more expensive NY hotel! Just be glad to find something circa or under $100 that doesn't make you regret that you stayed there!

This location will be on my list for future visits!

Read some of the other reviews.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
timessquare_gm, General Manager at Comfort Inn Times Square South, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear future loyal guests!!

In writing my response to you, I remember exactly who you and your cousin are!! It was a pleasure to have you all with us and we are so happy that we were able to make this time away for you feel like home. The location is fantastic and we are a very pet social hotel; a difficult vibe to find in New York City.
We are thrilled that it was memorable for you and I do not think that I had a chance to engage with you on the internet issue; we upgraded the high speed connection this week and it is just so incredibily fast!!

We all look forward to your return soon!!

Warm regards,

The Comfort Inn TImes Square South Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn Times Square South Area in Jan 2012 for 2 nights. I must admit the hotel was strictly average. I was given a room on the 2nd floor which provided no view of the Times Square. The hotel room was too small and cramped - not an ideal place for more than 1 person for sure.

The complimentary breakfast wasnt worth at all - it was very average and most importantly the breakfast area can seat not more than 12-15 people so it was so tiny and cramped that I had to share my breakfast table with 3 other people - something one doesnt want especially during the most important meal of the day.

On the day of my departure I wasnt accomodated for a late check in even though I had asked to check out at 2 pm - I was told to vacate the room at 12. More than that the concierge desk needs to be upgraded. I asked for a bus service from the hotel to Newark Airport and I was told to take the 12.30 pm bus as it takes 1 and a half hours to reach Newark. Since I was going to Newark the first time, I didnt want to take any chance. So I took the shuttle and was at the Newark airport at 1.15 - in just about 35 minutes after we left the hotel. Had I know this I would have easily taken the 2.30 shuttle - but the concierge lady insisted I take the 12.30 shuttle. I wasted 2 hours at the airport doing nothing.

I will not recommend this hotel, also from a safety perspective - late evenings it gets dark and deserted and one finds all sorts of suspicious looking people hovering around the room below the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank nitinkalra
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I aplogize that we fell short; I wish to seek another chance from you!

Many of the areas that you did not like, other guests enjoyed. Rest assured, if you give us another chance, we will not dissapoint you - call ahead and we will take care of your every need; inclusive of a better view from a higher floor!!!

Kind regards,

The Comfort Inn Times Square South team
san francisco
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Normally I am not one to venture to hotels below 3 stars because frankly the quality level can be all over the charts. But on my recent visit to NYC I came upon this particular comfort inn online and a great rate for NYC. I was highly impressed! The hotel is in a very convenient location, right near times square, walking distance to Chelsea and everything you need is right in the area.
The rooms are nicely decorated and comfortable. Free wireless which is always a plus and a free hot breakfast. Overall for NYC hotels this was an amazing deal. Definitely will be staying here again next time I am in NYC.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Miami
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Really not much to add to the other positive reviews. The location is great, the rooms are well appointed, the hotel is clean and efficient and the staff is professional. Considering the price I paid, I'm even more impressed by the value. Definitely a great find.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest:

It was lovely to hear from you - we are so happy that not only was your time with us here at the property positive, but your oversall visit to New York City was positive!! The team here trys their best to keep the service consistent and go above and beyond what is expected. We are delighted that you enjoyed the full hot breakfast and the affiliation that we have with the parking garage is unheard of; a super low rate!!!!

Come back soon!

Kind regards,

The Comfort Inn Times Square South team
Rochester, New York, United States
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Mom's first trip to NYC, so it had to be done RIGHT. I chose this hotel because of its closeness to Times Square and theatres. We weren't disappointed. The hotel staff was super-friendly and helpful.

I expected a tiny room, based on others' reviews -- the double room we had on the 2nd floor was larger than I expected. More than enough room to move about comfortably. Spacious bathroom (although the bathroom didn't get any heat -- BRR!) that was clean, had plenty of hot water and excellent water pressure.

I've seen luke-warm reviews about their continental breakfast. Word to the wise: go early. The food is good, warm, and there's an excellent selection. Seating is super-limited though and it gets crowded quick especially if there are kids running about. Free coffee is available ALL DAY which is a super-nice feature.

The location was prime. We took the Lincoln Tunnel into the city and upon exiting the Tunnel, we were practically at the hotel's doorstep. AWESOME. We were only a couple blocks from everything we wanted to see. The hotel felt very safe and was well-kept.

Only 2 "negatives" ... 1) There is no Comfort Inn parking garage. There's an Icon garage across the street and it's about $40 for 24 hours. Super-convenient, super-fast, super-friendly. But it's $40 for 24 hours. Welcome to New York! and 2) Occasionally a strange sound would come from the air vent in our bathroom. I called the front desk and they said there was something about air pockets in the vents when it gets really cold outside. We only heard it twice, and not for any long duration.

HUGE "positive" ... I think that's one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in. I was tempted to ask them what kind of mattress it was, and go buy one for home. :)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family