See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 August 2018

My daughters and I stayed at Midtown West in late June. While this adorable little hotel is basic, it is basic in the nicest ways. It is small, located steps from Penn Station and thus pretty much everything in NYC. It is clean!!! Crazy clean. I have stayed many places at all levels and I have never had any MORE attention, kindness and help than I did from the wonderful people who work here. We were there four nights and I will definitely be back on my next trip to NYC. Fabulous job everyone!!!

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 7 July 2018

I booked this hotel because of its location in midtown close to Penn Station. But it was a big disappointment. The room had no closet or wardrobe or luggage holder, just a couple of hooks and a table -- where I put my suitcase. Their website doesn't mention it but they don't have an elevator, so you better be very fit to schlep your luggage and yourself up and down the floors. Those of us who are old and/or have knee issues are advised to give this place a miss.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 July 2018

Caution!, this place will try to steal your money. They consider "Special Requests" anything, so do not be surprised to be charged by some non sensical stuff. Check their policies here or in their web-page, that's right!, there are just a few, this means the costumer has absolutely no protection. Horrible administrator, failed to meetings she had with us, still waiting for her to acknowledge at least the e-mail I sent to her. Do not even try to speak with Darryl!, unbelievable guy. This person told us an employee wrote a report saying we were offensive towards him!, I dared him to showed us that report, this is a straight lie. Told us booking.com was on their side, from the e-mails I have received from booking.com and a 25 dollar refund I am getting from them, highly unlikely!, a liar and a coward, still waiting for that booking.com e-mail he told was going to hand me btw. 2 meetings were arranged with the administrator, she does not care about the guests. GUESTS!, try understanding that word and what means in the HOSPITALITY industry. On the other side the front desk people were sympathetic towards our situation, they were embarrassed by their superior's behavior, unfortunately they have no power. Shameful!. They wanted to charge us 90 dollars for 2 packages!, still waiting to see that policy!!!. An absolute disaster, if you want your vacation ruined, change your plans to meet the administrator, being constantly over the phone (international people would know how hard is trying to get wifi), writing e-mails, etc this is the place to go.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor(you can listen people walking on the street) Avoid upper floors (no elevator)
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank om169ar
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

All you want for your holiday is a clean affordable place to stay. Well Midtown west is all that and more. Perfect location just a few meters from Penn Station. Very nice places to get food and drinks around hotel. And most attractions were walking distance from hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Was so disappointed with the hotel as a whole. I reserved for 1 night for 210 and figured yeah it was good price for a private bathroom. The pictures lie because they didn't show the crap room that we had received like 2 feet of free space, mattress felt like just a boxspring. The sink was outside the bathroom with no room for anything you bring with you. Channels had no local networks. I'm average build and I could barely fit on the toilet there because they crammed it 1 inch from the wall with the toilet paperholder jutting into you. Me and my girlfriend left in 15 minutes of arriving. We set a nonrefundable deposit and we were so upset with the room we didn't even stay the night. Oh and with the door closed I could hear someone at normal volume all the way at the end of the hall as if they were right next to us. The best part was the employee at the front had nothing to say when we talked about the room he just was quiet like he gets this same complaint over and over again. Wouldn't be surprised if he does I'm sorry that he has to deal with so many dissatisfied customers. If you do not have the option of taking a train back home then please consider another hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple