“The Worst Service I have ever seen in the Village!”
Review of Carroll Place

Carroll Place
Reserve with OpenTable
Carroll Place is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,348 of 15,763 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Description: Carroll Place is an Italian American Winebar and Gastropub in Greenwich Village, NY. The 6700 sq.ft venue offers delicious food, an extensive cocktail menu, intimate live music setting, and a vibrant atmosphere in multiple levels of dining and entertainment. The main floor Dining Room has high top tables and a rustic tavern-esque communal bar overlooking our custom built wood burning stove, where several of the mainstay dishes and pizzas are prepared. The upstairs Living Room has a cozy Village-y feel with exposed brick walls, soft lighting, vintage sofas and velvet drapes. It’s the ideal space for large dinner parties to intermingle, while hidden alcoves offer the perfect setting for a romantic date in a relaxed atmosphere.
Reviewed 24 July 2018

I do not write bad reviews, but felt compelled to do so here. We stopped in for some cocktails and aps, but got so fed up with the server being more interested in texting on her phone than service. Forgot drinks, did not put our pizza order in and was completely disinterested. Then brought a pizza that was cold (mozzarella was still cold from the frig) but she explained "that is how they serve it in Italy", which is when I lost my marbles. Maybe the food is decent and it is a nice setting, however, maybe we just drew a lame waitress. Unfortunately, doubtful I will ever find out about the food as unlikely we would return as there just too many good places in the Village to put up with nonsense like this.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

so it was my first time visiting New York and myself and my partner really fancied a bottomless brunch so we googled best bottomless brunch and Carroll Place was the first one to come up with excellent reviews so we decided to try it and we loved it! I think our waitress was called Cristina and she was super friendly and accommodating, we never had to ask for a drink she always made sure we were topped up, atmosphere was cool and laid back and the food was delish, defo would come here again if I lived in New Yawk!

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Came here on pride with friends. There was a great deal for $27 that included an entree and unlimited mimosas, Rose or sangria for two hours. We sat outside which was very pleasant, but the service may have been a little slower. The food was really good, everyone was happy with their choices. We felt that for NYC brunch it was a good value and what we were looking for in a brunch experience.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We had great cocktails some night here, and dinner and drinks another night. Great atmosphere and the service was good. Half price wine on Mondays. Would recommend a visit, great pasta.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Restaurant near Cafe Wha we came @cross this little gem. A bit dark inside so use the torch on your phone to read the menu, it’s worth it. A good range of food beautifully cooked and well presented. We ordered starters and mains at the same time and it all came in a bit of a rush so I’d advise you order starters first and then mains when you’ve eaten them. A great quirky place to eat with a great atmosphere and all the bars of Greenwich village to explore before and after your meal.
If I ever manage to go back I’ll have the ribs and wings followed by the ribs and wings - nectar of the gods.