“Nice place to eat before the show”

Niles Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Niles Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #649 of 15,911 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 31st and 30th Street
Transit: Subways: 1, 2, 3, A, C, E to Penn Station/34th Street. LIRR, NJ Transit and Amtrack.
Description: Niles NYC is uniquely located in Manhattan's most accessible neighborhood, steps from Madison Square Garden and Penn Station. Niles offers a sleek setting with a contemporary American menu for an entertaining meal from morning till late night. Our semi-private dining room is the perfect place to host your business luncheons and private parties, all tailored specifically to suit your event. Niles is not only a fresh, contemporary restaurant, it’s also a colorful and exciting bar that attracts plenty of locals as well as out-of-towners. Clean iridescent finishes accentuate a huge rectangular bar with seating all around, anchored by a lit-glass decorative column. You can generally count on a lively crowd here at Niles most every night—especially on concert and game nights at the Garden, when Niles often goes into overtime. Please contact us for further details.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had tickets for a show at MSG and decided to give Niles a try. It is very convenient to get to from the Garden, since it's directly across the street on 7th Ave. The bar was very busy. Looked like a lot of people go here after work. The restaurant was set up very nicely, with plenty of space between the tables. The menu had a nice variety of food to chose from. I had the onion soup and the pistachio encrusted chicken. Both dishes were very good. I will definitely try this place again when I'm in this part of town .

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 3 November 2018

The food is well prepared, the service attentive, and you are not rushed. Nothing ultimately special but considering the choices around Penn Station, well worth the price and effort to get there. Your other choices are overpriced restaurants and sports bars. Niles has an active bar scene for commuters and regulars.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 29 October 2018

Following a step back in time at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, my visit to this Manhattan eatery inadvertently continued my look at the past by playing the decades-ago songbooks of such historic bands as The Beatles and The Rolling Stones.

The choice of music more than made up for a Manhattan that was merely good--not great (as I routinely expect from the Fairmont Royal York in Toronto).

The lobster bisque starter arrived with an ideal temperature and wonderful textures alongside truly fresh bread. What better than a cool, crisp glass of Kenwood Sauvignon Blanc to complement the soup.

For the main, my choice of Thin Spaghetti reinforced the day of fine art, music and food. Chef was readily amenable to accede to my request (no calamari--I find it too rubbery), but didn’t stint on the remaining seafood (shrimp, crab). The mixture of sun dried tomatoes, broccoli and white wine scampi sauce worked brilliantly together in colour, taste and texture. If there was any quibble, it was that the dish--for my taste--could have used some heat to keep the “juices” flowing.

A visit is highly recommended--but do try to take in a museum or two before savouring the great cuisine.

Thank S. James W
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Picked the restaurant by proximity to Madison square garden. Food was wonderful. Attentive service. All four of us were not disappointed. We had among us orange beet salad lobster bisque rack of lamb crusted salmon with risotto scallops and shrimp. Everything was delicious.

Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Met my friend for brunch here on Saturday. The restaurant was nice and busy but the hostess sat us in the back in a booth so we were happy! Our server was very attentive and took our order for drinks he told us with brunch we had a choice of a mimosa, Bloody Mary, mimosa, blue Nile or flirtini. The Bloody Mary was delicious and my friend ordered a flirtini she said it was really nice. I ordered the bacon egg and cheese and my friend ordered the eggs Benedict. While we were waiting on our food we got a delicious basket of muffins they were still warm from the oven!
Our food came out promptly and it was really tasty, the potatoes were yummy!!!
Our server checked on us to make sure everything was ok which it was!
The restaurant is beautifully decorated and nice and bright. It was so different not to be rushed out of a restaurant as in most places you are.
We got to sit and talk for nearly 2 hours without being told we need the table. I honestly will be coming back again. Niles thank you so much!!