2,232 results
All reviewsflower districtpenn stationnew yorktimes squaremicrowave and fridgemadison square gardentwo queen bedshotel is locatedconvenient locationwould definitely stay here againbusiness centerfront desk staffempire state buildingfew blocksthe high linecity viewstreet noise
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed here a week with my husband and two sons. It's in a nice location, quiet despite its location but the rooms need refreshing. The mattress had stains on it and the grout in the bathroom desperately needed to be power cleaned or redone. Parking is about a block away should you need to park a car (at the rate of $35/day). Breakfast is an additional $17.95/person which I thought to be ridiculous when I'm already paying over $200/night so I explored the area to find breakfast outside the hotel. The building has 24 floors but only 2 elevators which are also used by housekeeping. Having a mini fridge and microwave in the room was a big plus. One day there was no hot water for showering until after 1pm so we endured cold showers but it was a hot day so that helped. The location is excellent as it is walking distance to just about anywhere you want to go, also cabs frequent the street so that's an option and there's a subway station nearby as well. Overall, a decent stay and I'd stay again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 8 August 2017

Hello Michdivadoc,

We greatly value your feedback as our guest, and it is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your overall stay at our property. However, we are disappointed to know that we were unable to exceed your expectations. We appreciate your positive sentiments regarding our location and convenience of our in room amenities. Our breakfast buffet is priced competitively amongst other establishments in our immediate vicinity. Additionally, we will immediately replace the mattress and ensure our guest rooms are in pristine condition prior to guest arrival. Lastly, we are currently undergoing renovations to enhance our guest rooms and would love to welcome you back soon. We look forward to provide you with a 5-star experience on your next visit to NYC.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Check in and out were excellent, staff were welcoming and the cookies given as snacks at 5pm were excellent. The room was clean and well serviced. On the last night we had noisy guest who kept going from room to room and slamming their doors which was annoying at 3am. This was not the hotel's fault but the doors are very close to each other which accentuates the noise when slammed. Overall we had a great stay, close to Penn Station and we walked everywhere.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 28 July 2017

I stayed here three nights- the hotel is adequate in many ways, nothing special otherwise. Its location is quite good. I wish the rooms had a lounge chair or sofa like other midchain hotels, as well as offering a better newspaper than the USA today. The bed is comfortable but I find a lot of other peoples hairs on the duvet which I find somewhat concerning. Seems to be something about the chains choice of bedding that makes it harder to clean. Also, the room rate was not correct when I checked out (of course being an overcharge) as well as a room service I did not order or partake in. They corrected this after I complained but had I not it would have been a rip off.
I think its time to refresh this chain, its not meriting the cost or keeping up with the competition. The cambria next door is much nicer in my view, better and cleaner. It has hard wood floors and chairs to sit on in the room besides the desk chair.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Sufian U, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear flipper95,
Thank you for your candid feedback. We appreciate your positive sentiments regarding our location and comfortable bed. However, we are disappointed to know that we were unable to exceed your expectations. I am very sorry to see of the billing errors you incurred, but am glad to hear that we were able to correct the errors and process a refund accordingly. I have shared your comments regarding the linen and newspaper with our management team. We will carefully consider your suggestions and try our best to improve the bedding and the newspaper selections. On the bright side, we are excited to inform you that we are currently in the process of upgrading our guest rooms which will not only enhance our furnishings but contribute to a memorable experience. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to providing you with a better stay upon your return.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

My girlfriend and I stay at this little gem for a week or so every summer, so we have a history of stays to corroborate our good experiences. The front desk personnel are friendly and responsive, and in particular I'd like to thank Johnmary, Odie and Mike for their gracious and warm manner. They will do whatever they can to respond to your questions and requests. The lobby is small but cozy and clean. Fruit water is available most of the day and in the evening a fresh plate of yummy cookies appears. Those little touches go a long way towards making the hotel inviting. We had a room with 2 queen beds which was a good size. The beds in our room were very comfortable and the fresh, white linens were so delicious at the end of a busy day. Breakfasts can be purchased and are generous and varied: oatmeal, muffins, eggs, bacon - whatever you like. If you would like a custom made omelette the chef will prepare it for you. The wait staff likewise was friendly and accommodating.

This is our go-to place when we visit Manhattan and will continue to be so as long as they maintain their current high level of operation.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2017

Tucked away on 28th street this location offers all the amenities needed for a comfortable stay in N.Y.. I loved the fact that when i walked out my door in all directions were flowers, plants, and living plants. I walked to the theatre, to Madison Square Gardens, 5th Avenue and 1 short block I was on the subway. Loved it@

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business