4,027 results
All reviews citizen m rooftop bar rooms are small free movies mood pad controlled by a tablet times square room controls new york huge bed toilet and shower cool hotel amazing hotel great shower living room location is great loved this hotel
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

A truly great place to spend 5 nights in. Much smaller than other NY hotels and by far better maintained. Great location for the subway and many of the uptown attractions are in walking distance. Loved it.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ross H
Noreen C, General Manager at citizenM New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2016

Hi Ross H,

I very much appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us, and am so happy to hear you had such a great time. I agree we do stick out compared to other NYC hotels, and we are always striving to stay ahead of the curve. Every day I ask myself "how can we make it even better??".

Thanks for connecting with our brand, and hope you will come back soon!

Reviewed 23 March 2016

Stayed for 3 nights with BF and had a wonderful time. Check in and out was super easy and fun. Rooms are small but very well equipped, clean, and functional. Ipad control of room was really easy and fun.Free movies were great and central location in times square is fabulous. (FYI -If you are shy - glazed glass bathroom in room may be an issue..). Breakfast was great - I took deal online when reserving. Overall, I would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shirley S

Hi Shirley S,

Thanks so much for your great review! It's so great that you describe many of the hotel experiences as "fun", because that's really what it's mean to be. We believe in taking the formality out of hospitality, and keeping things light and convenient. Travel should be fun!

I agree with you that the bathrooms are not for the overly shy, although we of course do provide a privacy curtain, and for those in desperate need, there are always extra restrooms on the gym and lobby level as well....

We would love to have you back!

Reviewed 23 March 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights and really enjoyed our stay. The location is great for walking to many sights and for Broadway shows. Rooms are small but well designed, free movies a bonus for when you need to take a break from the madness of NY. Rooftop bar has great views and is a good spot for a cocktail after a long day. We didn't eat in the hotel but did have drinks and coffee in lobby area which is also a cool place to hang out and people watch.
Only suitable for couples/singles so would only stay here minus the children.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DublinCoopers

Hi DublinCoopers,

So nice to hear from you, glad you had such a nice time with us!! Yes the location is central enough to be in the buzz of New York, yet just removed enough to get some peace and quiet as well at the end of the day.

And I agree with you the lobby is indeed great for hanging out, sipping cocktails and people watching ;)

Hope you'll come visit us again sometime!

Reviewed 22 March 2016

This hotel is one of the best I've stayed in. Great location - a 5 minute walk to times square, subway station right next door and walking distance to everything! The hotel decor was very modern, clean & comfy. The staff were lovely - helped us check in and made sure we were aware of everything available while we stayed there. The rooms were a bit small but the views made up for it **Ask for a high room if possible**. The rooms were great, with a great shower and very comfy bed. Overall - a really great hotel, I will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: For best views - ask for a room on the higher floors
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Samantha C
Kelsey W, Manager at citizenM New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2016

Hi Samantha C,

Thanks so much for sharing a review with us! It is most important to us that our guests feel like our hotel is their home away from home, and it is lovely to hear that you felt so comfortable with us, from the giant bed in your room to the friendly hospitality of our ambassadors. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Times Square very soon!

Best,
citizenKelsey

Reviewed 20 March 2016

Stayed with my bestie for 4 nights last week. Check in was super quick and really easy, with someone on hand if we were struggling. Room up on the 17th floor (had messaged ahead and said I wanted a high room with a view as it was a friends birthday trip) which did not disappoint.

Room was brilliant. Everything worked perfectly on the Ipad and the preset moods for the lighting were really fun. The bed really IS that big! rainfall shower is lush, safe easy to use and room always maintained by room cleaning staff to the highest standard!! So my gratitude extends to them (especially as I'm one of those annoying guests that gets pink hair dye on the towels..sorry!)

No noise complaints, didn't mind having to climb over my friend to get out of bed or (I guess essentially) using the bathroom or the shower in the same room..but that's cause we're close. If you're not too comfortable with the person you're staying with this place might not be for you. Be cool with them hearing you pee.

The bar is awesome, didn't eat here because there were cheaper places locally (go to Evergreen diner round the corner!) but I'm sure they would have done a great job. My friend kept going on about the smell of the fragrance or whatever it is in the lobby so if anyone knows what that is and how we can get some for him, let me know.

Definitely coming back. Hotels like this are the future! And the free Wifi even worked well!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank EmMay8
Kelsey W, Manager at citizenM New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2016

Hi EmMay8,

Thanks so much for sharing a review with us! I am so happy to hear that you always felt comfortable and safe while in your room, and that you enjoyed our oversized king bed and luxurious rainfall shower. It's always lovely to hear that our guests use our central location to explore more of this great city (and enjoy all of the delicious nearby eats!), and I am glad that this is true for you as well. The scent that we use in our living room is crafted just for us at citizenM, so unfortunately it cannot be purchased, but it's great to hear that you and your friend enjoyed it. I do hope that we will see you again very soon!

Best,