“Recommended without reservation”
Review of The London NYC

The London NYC
Ranked #237 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Having just stayed at this hotel for 5 days, we can thoroughly recommend it. Our rooms - we stayed in two, one on the 9th overlooking W54th St. and the other (we had asked for an upper floor) on the 32nd with distant views of Central Park - were comfortable, and spacious for those who want to put their feet up and relax after a tiring day. There’s a good-sized desk, with a sensible chair, for those wanting to work. Added attractions are the hotel’s well-equipped gym, on the 4th floor – this is no broom cupboard with a couple of machines – and an attractive hotel bar beside the lobby. The business room provides a useful, simple flight check-in facility and an ATM.
The friendly staff went out of their way to be helpful.
We were aware, before visiting, of the external work on the façade of the building – this work is being carried out on many buildings in NYC. The hotel informs guests that the work is carried out between 8am and 5pm. Out of the 5 days we stayed, we saw two workmen once. There was no noise, either from this work or from the street below.
For those who are not familiar with the hotel’s location, we can also thoroughly recommend it. The Museum of Modern Art is a few minutes walk away, as is Carnegie Hall. Central Park is less than 10 minutes walk and the theatre district not much further. There is easy access to the subway, for those seeking to avoid New York traffic.
We plan to stay at the hotel on our next visit.

Room Tip: The rooms on the upper floors facing north, in the direction of Central Park, are brighter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rob6011
Write a ReviewReviews (3,717)

Reviewed 1 May 2012

Great place to stay for business or pleasure. Service is great! Large and spacious rooms which are a rarity in NYC. Great location and a must stay on your next visit.

Room Tip: The Vista suites are on the higher floors so if you have issues sleeping in NYC because of all the h...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2012

First of all I want to start this off by saying, I am a smoker. It's not easy being a smoker in NYC. Before I picked a hotel, I had to know if they had smoking rooms. They did. Then I asked about their air filtration system,(just b/c I smoke doesn't mean I want to smell like it) & I was assured it was good. But the best part was the windows open just enough to be able to blow the smoke out the window, plus let fresh air in. The room had double doors to the bedroom that can be closed to keep the smoke from penetrating the room.
Now the room itself was so much bigger than I expected. I searched a lot of high end hotels & never found one this big & nice for the money. Everyone from the front desk, the concierge, to the doormen were unbelievably nice & exceptionally helpful in suggestions for my trip.
The room was cleaned more than once a day. The decor was funky & comfortable...but very chic.
The staff at The London NYC made me feel very welcome. I will be returning.

Room Tip: There was no noise on our floor, which was the 18th. I would reccomend staying high up for the views...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tara T
Reviewed 30 April 2012

The London NYC has been my hotel of choice in Manhattan for a few years now. Recently stayed there and the service was outstanding as usual. The rooms are spacious and clean and relatively quiet considering its fantastic midtown location. Will continue to stay there exclusively in NYC.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2012

This is a very good hotel all round, very spacious rooms, good bar and bistro. Didn't get to eat in the more upmarket Gordon Ramsey restaurant. I personally like this part of New York - 54th street - and it is one of the quieter hotels I've experienced in this city. The only problem was the renovations that took place during my stay which I was unaware of when I booked so I did change hotels after a few days. I will consider going back here though for the positives (once reno has finished).

Room Tip: Ask if they are still renovating. The noise started at 9:00am through the week day. If you plan to b...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo