“New York Classic with Modern Twist!”
Review of The London NYC

The London NYC
Ranked #229 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 21 February 2012

It now makes perfect sense to me why Gordon Ramsey choose this hotel to be the home of his New York restaurant. London NYC brings the cheeky London way into a modern Manhattan 4.5 stars hotel. Every room in this hotel is a suite, so you are getting a much more spacious room at a standard deluxe room price in the same star category.

Unlike other major hotel brands, this hotel gives a very classic yet swanky feel - the room decoration is very chic and modern, but also comfy and cozy. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful, but also capable of making one feel like you are indeed staying at a trendy hotel. Therefore I found our stay to be very satisfactory. Being a former New Yorker, the location is impeccable - you are within 5 - 10 blocks radius of many Michelin star and top rated restaurants, fantastic bars and lounges, Time Warner center, Lincoln Center, Carnegie Hall.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Aquavit28
Write a ReviewReviews (3,683)

Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at the London Feb 17-19 We were celebrating our anniversary and a birthday. We stayed on the 34th floor and it was quiet, no street noise at all. The staff here is so professional and will do whatever they can. It is a perfect location and the rooms are first class. Close walking distance to 5th ave shopping, Nobu 57 and loads of other dining and Times Sq. I would highly recommend this hotel and we will return!

Room Tip: Try and get a high floor. They are quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband and I have traveled to some beautiful places in the last year. We were so pleased to find The London a true gem in NYC! Just a perfect location and accommodations, quiet, clean and beautifully appointed rooms. We will be back.

Room Tip: One of our rooms had a view of Central Park in the distance!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the beautiful London Hotel on 54th street. Our room was a suite, 500 square feet. I think that is the smallest room they have. Two big flat screen TV's and a sitting room. Perfect location. It's a few blocks away from the crazy Times Square area. Luxury in every corner. A double shower. Soft bathrobes. Thick cotton sheets. Free Wi-Fi. My only gripe is that I had to pay $3 to print my boarding pass. They should let you print your boarding pass for free. It probably costs them about 12 cents.

I will go back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We are in to day 3 of our stay. I am very icky when it comes to hotels. I have many star wood and hyatt points. I have no points or association with this hotel so I was a little hesitant to stay here without my points perks however, I am so glad we did! We arrived after a red eye flight and prayed our room would be ready in the early morning, it was! We have 2 kids age 10 and 8 and was prepared to get 2 rooms if needed. It was not needed. There is a bedroom and living room. You can close the fence doors to the bedroom. To separate the two if you choose. Our two kids shred the modern long couch. They even provided us linens to make the couch into an extra long bed. The shower has two shower heads so two people can shower at once! The toilet space is in the shower room but somewhat private. There was a work desk for the hubby to work at. There was also room in the vast closet space for our 4 suitcases! This place is wonderful. The walls throughout the halls and elevator are suede. At first I thought they were walls that needed painted until felt them and was very impressed. The gym is great, about 8 treadmills, kickboxing bags, elipticals, weights and press equipment. They also have bottle water, towels And headphones. This is by far better than all surrounding hotels.

• Stayed: February 2012