“Delicious and a great Prix Fixe”
Review of Cafe du Soleil

Cafe du Soleil
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe du Soleil is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,265 of 14,468 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: Between 104th and 105th Streets
Transit: #1 train to 103rd Street and bus #104 up Broadway
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

A very pleasant restaurant. Outdoor seating and large open windows to allow an open air feel inside in the warm weather. The food is very good and fresh. The onion soup was very flavorful and not a thin beef broth. The Coq au Vin was delicious, fresh salads with grilled seafood were perfectly prepared. Save room for dessert! Nice wine selection. To choose from. The staff is all very friendly with great service. Makes for a perfect neighborhood restaurant.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

We love this gem of a restaurant in our neighborhood. We have eaten here about 10 times over the last 4 years. Last night we went for dinner and discovered it was the first night of a new menu!

Many of our favorite stand-byes were still on the menu (Moules frites Marinieres) but they added new items throughout the menu. I tried the new grilled sardines and my wife had the tartar of salmon — both were worthy additions to the menu and delicious. For entrees we both had moules frites, I had the classic "marinieres" and my wife had the "a la biere" sauce. In the past I have always thought their marinieres was the most flavorful in the city, and thought last night was not quite as good as before. My wife's beer-based sauce was more flavorful. But I am not giving up on the marinieres, I have fond memories of it and perhaps it was just an off night.

I especially enjoy the friendliness and attentiveness of the waiters. We usually have one of the main waiters and they always greet us with a warm smile and take good care of us. There is never a rush and a relaxed meal is the norm.

Now that summer is here, the cafe has opened it's outdoor seating which greatly expands the capacity. On a Friday night there was no problem getting a table without a reservation (don't try that in wintertime).

This restaurant is the great a casual restaurant with a new menu to explore. We recommend it.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

It has been a while since I visited the upper west side of big Apple especially on a rainy day.
The sun is shining inside the plates hearty soups classic french onion soup, escargots
Charcuterie and salads are delightful.
Cafe du soleil is a family French American Bistro hosted by veteran restaurateur Alain Chevreux a expat from Lorraine attached to earthy dishes quality meats and sea fares you"ll smacks your lips over. I tried the Bronzino my friends tried the succulent daurade while the men had a ribeye steak with au poivre sauce cooked to perfection.
The decor is brasserie style while the service is very attentive and professional.
Definitely will try the terrace café on a brunch and sunny day . Cafe du Soleil is a solid value on the upper west great for all occasions. Bon appétit

Reviewed 26 March 2017

We had brunch here and it was bustling and busy on a Sunday. Ideally located on Broadway steps from 103rd Street subway stop on the No.1 line, service was very good and food was delicious at very affordable prices.

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

I'm a world traveler and have been to France quite a few times. The cuisine is one of the things I enjoy most when visiting France so I'm always happy to find a place that recreates the experience of a French restaurant in the USA. When I'm in New York City my shortcut to France is Café Du Soleil, easy to find on Broadway in the Upper West Side. Among the many outstanding restaurants in this neighborhood this is the one I visit most often. When you see the furniture and decor, whether in the dining room or out on the sidewalk, you might as well be eating at a café anywhere in France, and the food and atmosphere live up to this initial impression. There is a warm welcome from the owners who go out of their way to make everyone comfortable. The servers are professional and friendly. The dishes are authentically French, and the desserts alone are worth the visit. My favorite extra is the lemon sorbet with vodka. It is especially refreshing in the summer. The côte de boeuf and penne pommodore are the best ever, and the escargots, served Parisian style, are amazing.