12,276 results
All reviews the executive lounge great location central park herb n kitchen new york times square rockefeller center large hotel radio city music hall busy hotel few blocks lobby bar fifth avenue housekeeping staff high floor bagels street noise
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

I've stayed in many hotels around the world and this hotel is definitely up there with my top 3. It's located just around the corner from Times Square. Rooms are a great size, staff are all so friendly, welcoming and willing to help. Beds are extremely comfy and the bathrooms are very spacious. I've only been in the winter months (Nov 2012 and January 2014) and the hotel is always warm and never cold.

The only down side is that the wifi doesn't reach the room and you have to stay within the lobby to use it unless this has changed since my last visit.

I would highly recommend to anyone and always do.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
NewYorkHiltonMidtown, Director of Marketing at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

Dear Dan P,

Thanks for your feedback! While the weather may be cold it always warms our hearts to welcome you each visit. As you mentioned wifi, our guest rooms all have access as well as our lobby and public areas. We hope to have the chance to see you soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

Beware. Inline is the letter I eventually sent to Hilton Corporate about Hilton Midtown.

Dear Ms. Toppings:

This is a courtesy letter to let you know how one of your hotels transformed me from a long-time loyal Hilton customer into an antagonist who now stays – if at all possible – at any other hotel than Hilton. I can no longer even drive by a Hilton without feeling contempt, and when I have recently used points for free stays at Hiltons, I have been reminded how much I now despise Hilton.

My HH number is #(deleted)

For the Thanksgiving week in 2015 I booked a suite for my family of four at the New York Hilton in Midtown. Two days before Thanksgiving, I noticed that my Canali sport coat (that I’d only worn on a previous trip the year before to the same New York Hilton) had some food on it and needed cleaning. I left it in the room with a cleaning ticket to be picked up, which it was, for delivery back to my room the next day.

On Thanksgiving, I put on the coat, to discover that the sleeve had been punctured by something, destroying the coat. I worked in a dry cleaner’s after school when I was 13, and recognized it as a “tagging” puncture from one of the huge safety pins used to keep track of garments. The first thing I was taught at 13 was never to tag delicate garments anywhere visible – always tag on interior linings, and use a smaller safety pin. For what it’s worth, I was also taught to flag damaged garments before cleaning to allow the front desk to contact the client first. I attach photos I took on 27-Nov-15; photos were also taken by Hilton security at the time, and a damage report filed.

I contacted Hilton security, and after a number of conversations ended up in discussion with (deleted), Assistant Director of Safety & Security. He told me that Hilton insurance would “reach out” to me, that I should relax, it would all work out, I should just enjoy my stay.

On 1-Dec-15, I spoke with (deleted), presumably a representative of Hilton’s insurance, who opened claim # (deleted). She took all information, and said she would get back to me.

On 26- and 27-Jan-16, after not hearing from Candice, I called her back and left messages.

On 29-Jan-16, I did receive a call from Candice, who told me:
· “Hilton is not responsible for the damage.”
· “Your jacket was never in the custody of the hotel” (of course, I wonder how the dry cleaner got the coat from my room if Hilton never had possession)
· Call (deleted) at secur-all who represents insurance for the cleaning company

On 1-Feb-16, I reached Carla by phone.
· She requested an original receipt (value of the jacket $1395), which I said I’d send her.
· I had to contact Nordstrom to request an original receipt, which they graciously sent me by postal mail, but this took some time.
· When I received the receipt I scanned it and e-mailed it to Carla.

On 1-Mar-16, I talked with Carla again.
· She said she was waiting to close with the client on what the client wanted to do.
· Carla had suggested to the client that they pay me directly a lesser amount ($1000) than total jackets value ($1395) so that the client would not have to go through insurance.
· She asked if I’d be willing to accept $1000 directly from the client quickly, without involvement of insurance. I said “yes”.

On 14-Mar-16, and again on 16-Mar-16, I followed up with Carla, who told me:
· “I followed up with them this morning and don’t have an answer. I’ll let you know as soon as I do.”

On 31-Mar-16, I contacted Carla again. She told me:
· “I’m really sorry. The client says the damage isn’t their fault, they won’t pay. They need more proof that it was their fault.”
· When I expressed dismay (and frankly outrage) at this as the answer, she said, “Yeah, it doesn’t make sense. First they asked for a receipt. I got it for them. Then they said it wasn’t their fault. I have no idea what the client is going to do.”

I have not heard from anyone from Hilton, or Hilton’s insurance, or the cleaner’s insurance since then. I have given up. Nor do I see upside in hiring a NY attorney to press this – the cost would be higher than the value of the jacket. Apparently Hilton, Hilton insurance, and the cleaner’s insurance are counting on this.

Aside from being disgusted by Hilton’s treatment of a valued customer (I presume a Hilton Gold member is valued), I am dumbfounded that Hilton believes this approach to customer engagement will be a long-term viable business model. I am thankful I do not own a VW diesel, and very happy I have never eaten at Chipotle’s. I now deeply regret that I ever trusted Hilton.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank bilgames
NewYorkHiltonMidtown, Director of Marketing at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

Dear bilgames,

Thank you for letting us know of your experience. We'd like to review this further if you can please provide your best contact information at my email below.

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

This hotel doesn't live up to the hype. Room was quite shabby with basic facilities. It had a number of conferences while we were there and I think it's best suited to those sort of events.
No tea making facilities or wifi - cracks on dressing table etc.

Clean enough hence the 2 stars

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
NewYorkHiltonMidtown, Director of Marketing at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2016

Dear Selinaching,

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the issues encountered and we’re working with our team to ensure the situations don’t happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again and give us an opportunity to show improvement.

Reviewed 22 October 2016

This was my first time to New York, So i was not sure what to expect other than it being busy, always and loads of people.

We decided to stay at the Hilton Midtown mostly because of it's location and we were not disappointed.

The hotel is modern, clean and very comfortable. the facilities are what you would expect from a Hilton hotel. The room we stayed in was very spacious ( 2 adults & teenage children) and well priced for New York.

The hotel is an easy walk to Times Square, Rockerfeller Plaza and Central Park. the Subway is only a matter of meters away making access to the rest of the city a breeze.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone heading to New York... I will be back next time i am there

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large and offer best value for money
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Dear Flymmsy,

Thanks for your kind words! We're delighted you found our location convenient and accommodations spacious. It sounds like a wonderful first visit to New York City and we can't wait to welcome you in the near future.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed in Oct 2016 for a week long business trip, my 7th trip to New York and as a Hilton Diamond member I am very aware of what to expect at a Hilton property.

The hotel in general is just average- very plain, no atmosphere at all and the staff were cold- we used the executive lounge everyday for breakfast where someone checks your key to let you in and after 7 days in a row you might expect the same person to even just say good morning etc or show some recognition that you have been there everyday etc but did not happen, you are just another number. Breakfast was cold only and small in range, same everyday no eggs etc, very boring for 7 days in a row.

Room was fine, but bathroom was small.

On coming to check out I call the bell captain and ask him to help with the 5 bags I have (some small carry on bags) and ask him to keep them in storage for me whilst I finish up my business and that I'll pick them up at 3pm on my way to the airport. Tip him $10 he gives me a ticket, all fine.

However Upon picking them up, I am asked for $4 per bag ($20 total) as a 'storage fee' which I was never made aware of, and I have to say I have never experienced in my entire life in any hotel, let alone a Hilton as a diamond member anywhere in the world!!!

Not only that, but they will accept cash ONLY!!! I am leaving for the airport today so have intentionally spent my remaining $ - after arguing my case they weren't interested and made me walk to an ATM to get the money to pay for my own bags!!!!

The queue for the front desk to speak with a manager was 20 deep so I gave up on that and had to pay it as I needed to get to the airport but This is disgraceful and not acceptable at any hotel, let alone when I have just dropped $3000 to stay in the hotel for a week!!

1) you shouldn't be charging paying customers to store bags for a couple of hours!!!
And
2) if you are going to charge which I have never seen anywhere in the world in any hotel then mention it before taking the bags from me, and that you only accept CASH!!!

Will definitely not be staying here again.

I would much rather stay at the regular Hilton Times Square (not the Garden inn one) which although busy location is a lovely hotel with friendly staff.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Rod G

Dear Rod G,

Thank you for your feedback. We regret we were not able to provide you with the dining experience you expected. We are constantly updating our menu offerings and your comments will help us improve in this area. As well, I understand that you were unhappy with some of the charges. I apologize if the charges were not clear when you booked the room. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us. Thank you for your review.