“Great location!”

Club Quarters Hotel, opposite Rockefeller Center
Ranked #285 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 20 October 2015

Every person that I came across in the hotel were very nice and friendly. My daughter and I arrived to stay for one night. The lobby is very small, but there are qiosks and staff to help you with check in. Our room wasn't ready so we left our bags and came back in an hour. The room was ready. We had the smallest room , but it was fine for us. other than sleeping, we were in the room for @ 2 hours. We never had problems with the elevators like other reviewers said and the free purified water bottles were nice. Room was clean and heat worked well as we were there during the cold snap on Oct. 17-18. I would stay here again! It is seconds to Rockefeller center, Radio City and St. Patrick's cathedral, a few blocks from Times Square and the Broadway theaters.

Room Tip: You have to put your key in the elevator slot and then push your floor number to get to your room.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,438)

Reviewed 18 October 2015

The staff (especially Mary and Latina) were very accommodating. They made us seem as we were the only people in the hotel. The rooms were small but that was fine. Because when the lights go out all rooms are the same size.

Room Tip: Prepare to wait a bit longer than usual for the elevators.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2015 via mobile

We have stayed in the midtown location which has a real lobby and a downstairs restaurant. The Rockefeller hotel has almost no lobby but a rooftop restaurant that overlooks the city. The rooms are small but the location is great. I also like a hotel where you don't walk for miles to get to your room

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2015

Tried to check in at this hotel, but made a mistake in my booking. Check in staff were extremely rude, and would not assist me in trying to book a room -- they just kept repeating that we don't have the same class room that you had booked, and didn't give me any alternatives. I did a quick search of other hotels available and stayed elsewhere. I dealt with a young woman who simply ignored me while she joked with other young men at the desk. I used to like Club Quarters, but will not book this hotel again because of the terrible treatment I received.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Lea H
Reviewed 16 October 2015

Stayed here one evening on a weeknight and was my first stay at a Club Quarters. Location was central to a lot of great tourist attractions, shopping and dining. My room was located on the 24th floor and was quiet and relatively clean. The staff seemed minimal, but were friendly and knowledgeable. There were several things I found strange about the room though, including several holes covered with small pieces of wall paper, dirty bathroom walls and what appeared to be a recent repainting of the bathroom gone wrong (they painted around pictures and fixtures). I don't know if this is unusual for Club Quarters, but there was no information about the hotel in our room other than room service info. I was expecting a smaller room and it was the size I expected, but just-right for a business traveler.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business