Review Highlights
It shows its age in spots- but don’t we all?!

After arriving in the city at 6 AM and not being able to check into my hotel room, I was looking... read more

Reviewed 11 March 2018
aktchr
via mobile
Best I've encountered in NYC

Juvenex is quiet, clean, and soothing. They offer all sorts of services, but I go for the body... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from US$109.00
from US$209.00
from US$57.00
More Info
All reviews body scrub cucumber mask dead skin korea town new york techniques igloo koreatown rigorous therapist floor elevator lockers nyc
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

My visit was on a Saturday morning. The place is beautifully designed and clean. It was quiet with only women customers at that time. (The spa becomes unisex at 5 PM ) I sat in the sauna, then soaked in the lemon hot tub then the steam room until it was time for my treatment. The rooms and tub were nice and hot as they should be! For the Korean scrub, she scrubbed years of dead skin off of my body, and now my skin is baby soft! It can be a bit intense, but so worth it! After the rigorous scrub, I enjoyed a relaxing facial by a friendly esthetician. Afterwards, I was served watermelon and green tea, and left the spa glowing! Off to lunch at Korean BBQ across the street- the location is super convenient! I would love to go back on my next NYC trip.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 18 March 2017

I am a bit of a spa snob and that's why I'm not going to give this establishment a 5. It's a bit older, and homey, and the lady that walked on my back did a little more harm than good. But that was my mistake, not hers.

There are cool steam rooms here and hot tubs - all indoors - where you can sit with friends and chatter away, getting drinks from a bar close by.

I would then recommend lunch at one of the amazing restaurants that line this street. You can find everything in the Korean cuisine from the chef's Grandma's homemade tofu to kimchi aged longer than you've ever had it.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

This Korean spa is not for the modest or delicate-- but if you chose this experience, you are probably familiar with the drill. You take off your clothes in an open area and sit in the sauna, steam room and bath pool with other patrons. I got the scrub (vigorous!) and 30-minute massage for $170. The ladies were very nice, dressed in leggings and black tshirts, unlike the traditional bikini top attire. The services were efficiently and competently performed and I was offered tea and pineapple afterwards. The scrub room was a bit dark and cold for my taste. The massage room was also cold but she turned on the heater. Best of all, it felt very clean. I felt very relaxed and my skin was baby soft. That's all I needed, but would have enjoyed a warmer, brighter ambiance.

Date of experience: March 2017
3  Thank maggilista
Reviewed 1 January 2017

This spa is small and out of the way. It kind of had a homey feel, and is probably not for you if you are looking for a lot of privacy. I came here to use the baths, which were a relaxing escape from the cold weather and crowds. The baths are open for everyone's use, and there appeared to be a party at the time I visited. If you don't mind sharing your bath experience, you might find this spa to be a good option.

Date of experience: December 2016
2  Thank limegreenchalk
Reviewed 23 November 2016

As long as you go in understanding this is no luxury spa, you will be happy. It's reasonably priced at around $125 for an hour massage. Most importantly, the amenities are unlike any other spa I've been to in the city. 2 hot tubs, 1 cold tub that they fill with fresh water throughout the day and even add fruit. They serve you pineapple, tea, cucumber/lemon water, and champagne. They have disposable bikinis if you forget yours as well as robes, towels, and slippers. There's a good locker room area and lots of lounge areas. The dry sauna is so cute- looks like a little stone igloo. The wet sauna is a glass enclosure. There are tons of showers. All these amenities come with the massage! The place looked clean. As for the massage, it was the most interesting massage I've ever had. It did the trick. There is lots of stretching and they even stand on you- felt good! Best thing about this place is you can BYOB! We had wine delivered. It is all women on the weekends until 5pm and its 24 hours! We spent about 4 hours here on a sunday and plan on going back in a couple weeks.

Date of experience: November 2016