Hudson River Hotel
Royalton Park Avenue(New York City)
US$364
US$265
Official Site
  • Pool
US$282
US$235
  • Bar/Lounge
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$231
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York at Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$335
US$274
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Centric Times Square New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$375
Hyatt.com
US$423
US$391
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$207
  • Bar/Lounge
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$247
  • Bar/Lounge
Warwick New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$384
US$215
Travelocity
US$232
US$171
  • Room Service
All reviewsquality innpenn stationjavits centerfront desktimes squarenew yorkyogurthell's kitchenbed was comfortablethe high linefew blockssmall hotelmidtown manhattanempire statemsgavenuebroadway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Spent 2 great nights at this hotel with my 2 daughters and my sister. Are you that fussy traveler, picky with food and everything else? Take out all that money you have and your plastic and go elsewhere where rooms are 400 $ and THEN you can complain if things are not perfect! On the other hand, are you looking for a great deal, best location, a hotel where you feel safe, 5 minutes from Times Square, safe area but are willing to put up with little tiny irritants ? Then take this place at 210 $ a night and enjoy the wonderful location ! It was all our first visit to NYC (4 women ages 51, 46, 24, 22) and we loved it. There just would be so much to write about all the excitement. But the hotel : Great breakfast (omelettes, sausage, make-your-own waffle (plain or blueberry), maple syrup, a variety of muffins, cereal, various bagels with all condiments, juices, good coffee) the downside being the lack of tables. You can load up a tray and go enjoy your breakfast up in your room. Rooms are VERY small (we had room 1000 with 2 double beds looking out 36th street) but everything was functional. The safe works. Beds were clean (oh but i didn't take out a microscope to examine). I have no idea if the tv functions well cause we didn't turn it on. A/C works very well. We drove. There is a public parking at the back of the hotel (entrance is on 35th street). It cost me 25$ (tax included) per 24 hours and I have a toyota highlander. Small cars may be less expensive.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank AnishnabeTravelers
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I think we paid about $200.00 a night on Expedia. The hotel is ok-- the sheets were clean and that was a plus. Rooms were tiny, tiny-- be we were out most of the day. Overall there is no Luxury at all. The staff was really friendly. The rooms were a bit run down.

The location was odd, You have to cross over a few highway entrances to start to walk into town. We walked to the Starlight Diner which was ok too.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank otrgirl
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I have been staying at this hotel whenever I travel to New York on my own dime, for years. It's certainly a no-frills option, but it's centrally located, the staff are friendly and helpful, it's clean and very affordable.

My girlfriend and i took the bus up from DC last month for a weekend in the City. We had a great time. Walked to Times Square. Walked to MOMA. Short cab rides to SOHO and the Village.

When I first began staying here, I made a point of taking a cab back to the hotel at night. But, over the years, the neighborhood has improved and i thought nothing of it to walk back after dark, during my last stay there.

Also, the staff was especially friendly this time. In fact, all of New York seems to be a little less New York-like, lately. A very pleasant trip, all in all.

So, in conclusion, a great little, no-frills hotel that's clean and affordable. i will almost certainly stay here again, the next time i return to New York for pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We had a lovely time at the comfort inn, elevator is very slow and would recommend basement or first floor to avoid long waits but otherwise you could not beat the location and a nice continental breakfast included. Staff was wonderful. My husband and I stayed 5 nights and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 15 June 2011

The room was tiny, just enough room for the bed. Wardrobe was too small for our clothes. The staff were friendly and helpful which is the only good thing about this hotel.
One very slow elevator. Breakfast room only has 8 small tables for 60 rooms so we skipped the free breakfast most days and walked to Macdonalds. They advertise hot breakfast but the only hot thing was the toast and the coffee.
The worst thing about this place is the location. Yes it is walking distance to Times Square but it is in a slum area close to the Lincoln Tunnel road. Filfthy streets with run down buildings, grafitti, dingy looking bars and shops,homeless people. The area is known as Hell's Kitchen which I think is a very apt name. How did it get 2 stars? it should be -2.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business