Hudson River Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
36 Hudson Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Cassa Hotel Times Square(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsquality innpenn stationjavits centerfront desktimes squarenew yorkhell's kitchenbed was comfortablethe high linefew blockssmall hotelempire statenycmsgavenuebroadway
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I have been staying at this hotel whenever I travel to New York on my own dime, for years. It's certainly a no-frills option, but it's centrally located, the staff are friendly and helpful, it's clean and very affordable.

My girlfriend and i took the bus up from DC last month for a weekend in the City. We had a great time. Walked to Times Square. Walked to MOMA. Short cab rides to SOHO and the Village.

When I first began staying here, I made a point of taking a cab back to the hotel at night. But, over the years, the neighborhood has improved and i thought nothing of it to walk back after dark, during my last stay there.

Also, the staff was especially friendly this time. In fact, all of New York seems to be a little less New York-like, lately. A very pleasant trip, all in all.

So, in conclusion, a great little, no-frills hotel that's clean and affordable. i will almost certainly stay here again, the next time i return to New York for pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We had a lovely time at the comfort inn, elevator is very slow and would recommend basement or first floor to avoid long waits but otherwise you could not beat the location and a nice continental breakfast included. Staff was wonderful. My husband and I stayed 5 nights and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 15 June 2011

The room was tiny, just enough room for the bed. Wardrobe was too small for our clothes. The staff were friendly and helpful which is the only good thing about this hotel.
One very slow elevator. Breakfast room only has 8 small tables for 60 rooms so we skipped the free breakfast most days and walked to Macdonalds. They advertise hot breakfast but the only hot thing was the toast and the coffee.
The worst thing about this place is the location. Yes it is walking distance to Times Square but it is in a slum area close to the Lincoln Tunnel road. Filfthy streets with run down buildings, grafitti, dingy looking bars and shops,homeless people. The area is known as Hell's Kitchen which I think is a very apt name. How did it get 2 stars? it should be -2.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2011

My daughter and I stayed June 2-5th 2011 in the city checking out Performing Arts schools.
Staff was friendly and helpful, hotel was quaint close enough to major attractions, far enough away from the hustle and bustle!! Will definitely stay again and soon!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank deniselewis45
Reviewed 17 April 2011

The staff at this Comfort Inn was so helpful and friendly! We had no problems finding the hotel and getting around the city although it's not right in the middle of the "action." We felt it was an excellent value for New York. Close to Penn Station if coming from Newark on the train and close to Hell's Kitchen for lots of great restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple