“Loved the view, cocktails and snacks - one staff member was EXTREMELY rude!”
Review of The Press Lounge

The Press Lounge
Ranked #354 of 15,864 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 1 March 2017

We stumbled across this place on trip advisor and thought that we should give it a go. WOW we didn't realise that it would be this amazing. The views were brilliant, the drinks were excellent. The atmosphere was really peaceful and relaxed. The seating was comfortable. The waitresses that served us were excellent, their service was brilliant. They checked on us, were prompt with bringing drinks and asking us if we would like others. There was one incident that happened which made me leave - or I would have spent all night in this place!
I vape, and as it was a rooftop bar, I assumed you was allowed to vape outside while I was taking some pictures. My partner and I were the only people outside, when a member of staff (I believe she was a manager) came out shouting that I was not allowed to vape or smoke up there. She was waving her arms around as to emphasise her point. To be honest it made me feel like a 2 year old child! If she had just came over and advised me politely that I was unable to vape - then I of course would have just stopped and carried on with the night. The way she did it was unacceptable and to be honest made me want to get out of their as fast as I could. I did tell the waitress why I was leaving. I would have hoped that she advised the manager for her to come and apologise, however she didn't. Kind of ruined the wonderful experience that I was having!!!

Reviewed 1 March 2017

I've been in loud bars. I know loud bars. This was f-ing ridiculous. The drinks are overpriced. The service overwhelmed. But, if you want the view, it's terrific.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

great views and drinks excellent service busy courteous waiters and waitresses can handle all requests indoor and outdoor areas

Reviewed 21 February 2017

Great atmosphere, great views, comfy couches and chairs, nice fireplace room. Very chic lounge, Ashley the cocktail waitress was great, very friendly and very professional.

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

Amazing view and a grwat place to be. The bar tender was very happy for each of our drinks, he had three times than the usual serving. Loved the place, recommended for a great time.!