Open today: 10:00 - 20:00
Book In Advance
In high demand - travellers recommend booking ahead!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from US$139.75
from US$15.00
from US$14.99
More Info
All reviews matthew broderick les miserables during intermission bathroom lines beautiful theatre stole the show mezzanine seats front row second row stage door singing and dancing orchestra section box office story line new york comet cast
Reviewed 29 August 2015

Lovely old theatre close to Times Square. Watched Les Miserables - if you have to see just one musical in your life, this is the one you should see! Mind blowing! Even got to talk to several members of the cast afterwards at the stage door. Brilliant experience for all of the family! Seats are very expensive but you can get heavily discounted seats if your'e prepared to queue on Times Square and aren't too fussy where you sit.

Reviewed 20 August 2015

I saw Les Misérables and it was incredible. It's a very beautiful theater and the cast is extremely talented. The tickets were an excellent value, even from the balcony.

Reviewed 19 August 2015

We did not research Broadway tickets before arriving for our vacation in NYC. All Broadway shows were sold out during our stay except Les Miserables and Hand to God. If you are accommodating multiple people's tastes or have strict times that you can enjoy a Broadway show, I highly recommend researching well before you visit NYC. Les Miserables was at the Imperial Theatre and we used Uber to get to the show and Uber was very reasonable and quick. We walked back to our hotel after the late show and then dinner.
We sat at the top of the theatre and the seats were relatively comfortable, they are old school auditorium seating so seats are small and close to each other. There were snacks available for purchase. There are restrooms and the ladies line was very, very long during intermission.
The show was wonderful. The acting, singing, design were all great. This was my first Broadway show and while I was tired and dozed off a few times, I would recommend that everyone make a show. I was surprised how the audience was into the performance laughing and I could hear a little humming/ singing around me. I would be very surprised if there was a dress code as it looked like it was really a come as you are.
The theatre is pretty much in Times Square. Times Square was very crowded and there are many restaurants. If you plan to grab a bite to eat before or after the show and you or someone in your party has a difficult time deciding where they want to eat, I would recommend doing some research ahead of time as there are many choices and it can be over whelming for some people.

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed 16 August 2015

It is a nice theater in a good location just off Broadway with 2 main problems. The rows are so close together, the guy sitting behind me had his knees knock my head. And worst of all there were only 2 women's toilets so the line was 400 women and wrapped from upstairs, the length of the building, down the staircase, across the first floor, and out to the lobby. Not acceptable. And one person running the concession booth. For a hit Broadway show?

1  Thank Froggy1313
Reviewed 12 August 2015

We visited the Imperial theatre in NYC and had excellent seats eight rows from the stage for a performance of 'Les Miserables'. It was an excellent Broadway show and we enjoyed it very much. During intermission theatre staff directed patrons in the most efficient way in and out of the restrooms. Very impressive!