“Not fancy, but very good”
Review of Byblos Restaurant

Byblos Restaurant
Ranked #1,180 of 15,868 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$25 - US$25
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: NoMad
Cross street: 28th street
Description: Byblos Restaurant is the finest, most authentic Lebanese Restaurant in NYC. Join us on Friday or Saturday nights for a one man show and belly dancer!!
Reviewed 20 July 2016

I had not been there, prior to this visit, for perhaps 15 years. I had happy memories of that visit, which we made with my wife's Lebanese cousin, who lived in NY at the time. The restaurant has moved to a more fashionable district and is larger, but it is still homey and the food is authentic Lebanese. They have belly dancing starting around 10 on Friday and Saturday, but we didn't stay for that. We got typical Lebanese dishes, like kibbe balls, kibbe naya, tabbouleh, baba ghanouj, etc., and drank quite a bit of Arak. (Ask for Messiah or Ksarak brand, rather than the house brand.) We stayed a long time and could have lingered longer. We met the owner and chatted with him; he actually remembered my wife's cousin, who was a regular all those years ago. Though there are other Lebanese restaurants we also go to in the city, Byblos will be one that we return to.

1  Thank hopfrog

Reviewed 15 July 2016

Byblos provides good authentic Lebanese food. All the standard classics are on the menu. The decor is comfortable, if a little basic. The tables are well spread out with room to talk. Good for larger groups.

1  Thank henry b
Reviewed 12 May 2016 via mobile

I had my dinner there, greatly delicious food and classy decoration. staff were helpful and nice, recommended for people who appreciate clean place and tasty food.

1  Thank Vacation614463
Reviewed 10 May 2016 via mobile

Visited this restaurant today by accident, recommended by an attendant in a fashion store. She was Lebanese. I asked her for a traditional Lebanese restaurant and she recommended this place.

I have had the opportunity to visit many Lebanese restaurants around the world; including mainland Lebanon. And this one is right on the top: authentic menu, flavors, service, ambience.

So much so that I requested to meet the owner, who was also the chef. He stepped out of the kitchens to salute me together with his wife. They were very courteous and friendly.

I left very pleased and then stay longer because I had to catch an airplane. But I would make sure to return to this restaurant many more times.

Reviewed 29 April 2016

While I was in NYC, staying in the Carlton Hotel, I was two times in this restaurant. Nice Lebanese menus, good Lebanes wine as well

1  Thank Roger M