“Good looking bar”

Ranked #4,872 of 15,868 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Noho
Neighbourhood: Noho
Reviewed 2 March 2018

We came in just for drinks. The front area was full, but we found a counter to sit at in the back, then when people left we got a high top table for 4. They have a big table in the back that would be good for a group. The place is great looking - low lighting, wood, pubby decor. They have hooks on the walls for your coats/purses (vs under a table where you can't see it/might knock it down). Our server was pleasant and efficient, and they had a good beer selection.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

I walked up to this pub I visit occasioally and peered into the window on the 20th of Feb and I didn't see anyone in the place. The door was open and I walked in to find the bartender sitting on the far side of the bar.

I took a seat and he came around to the workong side and asked what I needed. I asked about a particular draught and he basically stated what was written om thw tap. Then he disappeared.

I have been sitting here for 15 minutes and he has not returned behind the bar anywhere near where his sole cutomer sits. No small talk, no acknowledgement he has a guest.

I'm a bartender. I know some guests can be obnoxious or overly talkative. I am neither, but even if I was, if it's your only guest, you cultivate that person. Very disappointed

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Had a great experience at this very atmospheric, old school Whiskey/Scotch Bar that reminded me of a trip to Scotland! Excellent Scotch selection, good value re: scotch prices (for NYC) and relative generous portions. Can't speak to the food, though enjoyed our curry french fries. We came here to drink and enjoyed it greatly.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

The title says it all. For $3 a pop, you'd want an actual morsel of food.

Drinks were good though. Great atmosphere. The food was good, but come on. Let's up the portion-level please.

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

Came here on a recommendation and was not disappointed. Amazing selection of beer and a real atmosphere. Unfortunately only got to visit once while I was in the city but will definitely be coming back.

1  Thank Rob C