“Fantastic!”

Ranked #569 of 16,015 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed 21 August 2018

We love visiting Greenwich Village when we are in NYC, in fact, if we were to move to NYC, that would be the location we would want to live. During our most recent visit to the area, we found a gem of a restaurant called The Meatball Shop. It sounded a bit unique and so we decided to stop in an give it a try. We were in heaven! First, the staff was super friendly, really nice and wanted to make sure our experience was top notch. They walked us through the laminated write on menus that allowed you to create your own custom experience. My wife an I went in opposite direction with her selection of a meatball 'meal' plate and I went for the sandwich route with an egg on it. OMG...the food was fantastic and just not what I expected at all. It was all visually stunning in its presentation, deliciously good in its taste and really fit into Greenwich Village as a unique place with a charming ambiance and a name and experience that screams...welcome friends...come in and enjoy! We highly recommend this culinary adventure in the heart of one of NYC's best locations!

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Took our 2 boys, 6&9, for some balls. They love meatballs at home so was more a novelty stop than anything. We went past the lunch rush but with one server there and 3 tables this guy was lost. We got an app, chicken balls, that were a take on buffalo wings (description didn't say that) and our kids thought too spicy. My wife and I liked though.
They both got traditional spaghetti and meatballs balls which was mediocre. I had the special, bacon balls with mushroom sauce on hoggie roll, which was fine but nothing to write home about. My wife had the veggie balls which she thought were dry. All in all was an okay lunch but nothing special. Service was subpar but that fit the overall visit.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

We ordered the sliders with classic meatballs and sauce, the chicken with creamy white and the spicy pork with spicy sauce. I didn’t like the chicken at all but the other two were tasty. My daughter got a special salad that was terrific, my son the special Mac and cheese balls and my husband the smashed classic sandwich with classic sauce They all were good. The lemonade was also a hit. For the four of us with drinks, it was $56 plus tip so not cheap. But the service was good and there was lots of water on this hot day.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 16 July 2018

Three of us stopped in on a recent saturday evening in July. The music was 90's soul/R&b cool, the waitress elise or Elsie of something with an E, was sweet and really cool. She helped us choose and I had the spicy meatballs. They were pork though there are other options and the sauce was tasty not hot. It was served with a slice of bread that dipped well with the sauce. The location is grea to walk around after. Loved it, and the prices were good.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Fun, friendly, great food. Our server, however not the greatest. Never asked anyone if they wanted a drink. I had to ask for a soda. He never asked if any of us had been there before, to find out if he needed to explain the menu, as was the case when I first visited. Someone in our party ordered a latte and he brings over an iced coffee, which I see him pour down the drain, because it was incorrect. Had really great service the first time, was disappointed this time. Food was terrific. Would visit again.

Date of visit: May 2018