2,207 results
All reviews penn station great location new york free breakfast warm cookies rooms are small the breakfast area yogurt empire state building front desk staff two double beds would definitely stay here again clean hotel around the corner few blocks would highly recommend this hotel central location
Reviewed 25 October 2017

Firstly the good:
Location - great if your heading to an event at Madison Square Gardens or want to shop your heart out at Macy's or Nordstrom Rack
Clean, decent size bathroom and staff were pleasant

Now the bad,
48 hour cancellation required - different to all the other Hamptons we have stayed in
Breakfast finishes @ 10.00am on Sunday and was cleared away by10.05am
Room was very small, even by New York standards - we ha a 2 double room and you could leave 2 suitcase open on the floor and move around, you could not move the chair at the desk at the bed stopped it from moving out. The only place to iron was the bathroom where there is a lot of wasted space.

We had booked in for 2 nights and whilst traveling logged in on line and requested a third night, obtained revised price, but never received confirmation in my email, which I did realize until we were enroute to New York, 8 called the hotel and told them what had happened, they could not accommodate the additional night at that stage nor would they cancel my room (as our booking was within 48 hours) and allow us to book in a another Hampton property. Really disappointing as I am a Hilton Honours member.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Alena M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Hi 2AussieGirls,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your NYC accommodations! We highly appreciate your feedback as our team works hard every day to provide the best service and comfortable rooms and I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations during your stay. We do hope that you decide to give us another try should you be in the area!

Reviewed 24 October 2017

Great service! Just what you would expect from a Hilton property! The location was perfect for visiting our son, who is a student at FIT. The valet service was perfect! Not a scratch on our SUV. It’s a full size SUV! The front desk staff was always nice and welcoming! It’s NY. I expected some level of indifference or annoyance. But it never happened. It has certainly happened in other NY hotels we have used in the past.

1  Thank Jimyung Robert ... K

Hi Jimyung Robert...K

Thank you for your 5 star review! Our team works really hard to provide our guests with the highest level of service. We are so happy we were able to meet all of your needs during your stay. We hope to see you on your next trip to visit your son!

Reviewed 24 October 2017

We went to NY for an over night trip, we arrived at 10 a.m. The staff was more than happy store our luggage while we explored the city. After returning at 10 p.m., they were very helpful getting us checked in and settled in. The breakfast area was clean and the food was very good. The next day we wanted to explore more and our train was not leaving until 10 p.m. they were more than happy to hold our luggage again for us. The staff at this hotel goes above and beyond there job duties to make you feel welcome and to be helpful. I will stay there every time we are in NY from now on, and highly recommend this hotel. Wonderful people working there.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
David R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Dear F9848JPlisam,

Thank you for staying at our hotel on your travels to the Big Apple! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for complimenting our team and that we were able to meet all of your needs. Come back and visit us again on your travels to the city!

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Very good place - close to subway station, bus station, in the middle of the city.Near to supermarket and fast food, restaurants. Service very good. Breakfast (comparing to others u.s. hotels perfect ) - eggs, poridge, sausiges, potatoes, fruits, yoghurt.... One thins only - rooms are too small.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
David R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Dana M

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your trip to NYC! I am so happy that you enjoyed our hotel including our location. We appreciate your feedback so we can make improvements for the future. Thank you for complimenting our staff as they work very hard to ensure the best service is provided to all of our guests. We look forward to you and your family staying with us again!

Reviewed 18 October 2017

They cancelled your reservation, sell your room without call you. I almost need to stay at night in the airport because all the other places are booked and Hampton Inn don't care about what they did. I had booked my room weeks ago and I don't know the reason behind, but they had troubles with my credit card. I'm HH member, I was expecting someone will call me if they have a problem, so I could give another card. I received an email that my reservation was cancelled when I arrived in NYC, so I call the hotel and they already sell my room, simple like that, without call me. I have a 60 years old person with me and more 2 family members. The staff people, just don't care about it. Finally I find another hotel in different location to do not sleep on airport floor. this hotel is not serious and treat people like crap. In the other day when I arrive it (because I could buy again the other day stays in my HH app), I told what happened and nobody cares. It's sad, they are not serious. This never happened with another hotel before. I have been in 21 countries and I travel by work a lot. All brands call you if they have troubles, this one, they sell your room and don't care about the customer.

1  Thank sanchesr
David R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear sanchesr,

Thank you very much for completing a review for us on Trip Advisor . We really appreciate it, as we strive to exceed every guests expectations and I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your experience at our property. According to your review ratings of 1, we did not exceed your expectations, and we do apologize if you did not find our hotel to suit your needs.

On behalf of the staff at Hampton inn Madison Square Garden, we thank you for the feedback and wish you safe travels.